These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Error creating output thread

Disscussions on possible bugs in the current BETA.
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.

The Idea of this is :

1. Informing others of confirmed BUGS and
2. Giving other members the opportunity to confirm your possible bugs

Forum rules
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Error creating output thread

Post by blaide13 »

instlled Freestyler and Entec pro on 2 different computers. One running Windows 2000 and one running Windows XP. The Enttec installed fine and was tested and confirmed with a utility that comes on the Drivers disc that came with the Enntech pro. When I start up Freestyler, I get the message: Error creating output thread. This exact thing happens on both machines. I click ok and the program launches but dosn't seem to work properly as highlighting fixtures dosen't always work and the desktop address assigner is off by 1. I'm using 2 Chauvet Colorsplash Jr's to start and they are only 4 DMX channels each. So I start on channel 1 and should go to 4. The next fixture should start on channel 5 but Freestyler starts it on 6 and has the first fixture using channels 1 through 5 even though the light only has 4 channels. After that I tried changing the color of the lights using the color tool on the desktop, but nothing happens on or off screen. I made sure the dip switches were set correctly on the back of the lights to start on channels 1 for the first light and 5 for the second light. When that didn't work I used 1 and 6 as Freestyler dictated including the graphic dip switch illustration on the desktop. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have a gig on Saturday and was hoping to be up and running yesterday.

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Error creating output thread

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

"output thread" error comes when freestyler cant find the usb interface.. have you selected the right interface in freestyler setup and chosen the right comport?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by blaide13 »

I checked USB in device manager and the correct driver is installed. However, the com port was set to 0 and my Enntec pro is on 5. I reset and saved. rebooted computer and error message went away. Thank you soooooo much. Now I have to figure out my colorsplash JR's and Colorsplash 200b's. I read on the forum that the 200b's are not in Freestylers library. If a fixture isn't in the freestyler library, does that mean I won't be able to program it? I am hoping that is not the case because I've read so many good reviews about this software. I'd hate to have to switch because my fixtures arn't supported. I am new to DMX though so if you can point me in the right direction/previous forum posts, I'd be grateful. Thanks again.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

if you cant find a fixture file for ypur fixture you have to create it by yourself.

look at this turtorial with videos: quick video on how to use Freestyler's Fixture Creator

if you still need some help, discripe your problems here: FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support
Forum rules for FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “Latest Beta Bugs”