These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Question about scenes/cues

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Markus_Tp
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Question about scenes/cues

Post by Markus_Tp »

Hello
First of all my setup:
8x LED Par with eurolite dmx512pro

I'm trying to create a litte show for my birthday and i'm having trouble with it.
What i'm trying to do:
4 par lights are standing on the flor in the corners of the room. Those are just for ambient light with a simple color rotation.
The other 4 par lights are on a lighting stand and react to music with fx.
Now my Question:
Is it possible to loop lets say 4 scenes (1. Chase, 2. Strobe... I think you get the point) on the "effect" lights WHILE my par lights in the corner just do their color cycle?
I get it to work with just one scene per light set but with more than one scene it wont work.
I even tried it with the submaster function. In sm1 i have my 4 scenes for the effect lights and in sm2 is the color change for the floor lights. But when i press play it just plays one scene in sm1 until i click on the next scene.

I hope you understand my problem and have a solution

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Question about scenes/cues

Post by Partyman »

I would start by giving every light its own address. I would then create scenes for each group (corners and Stands) Do not include corners in stand scenes and vice versa. Once you have the individual scenes created and they play properly in editor you can then move on to how you launch them.
Personally I would use the DMX 400 for the stand lights and use S2L to trigger (put it on autochange and watch em go) Then you only need to program scenes for the corners.
Markus_Tp
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Markus_Tp »

So you mean S2L with random dmx values for the stands?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

no, look at DMX 400. Use s2l to trigger DMX400

Return to “FreeStyler Software”