These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem with mixed RGB devices and not RGB devices + midi control + midi fader dmx control

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
DimiBo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Problem with mixed RGB devices and not RGB devices + midi control + midi fader dmx control

Post by DimiBo »

Hello,

I'm busy to midi control freestyler with my 2 akai apc mini devices.
At this moment i get thinks to work like i want, but i also have some troubles for thinks that react like i doesn't want ...

1) The biggest trouble for me at this moment ...
I have different groups of lights (example, group 1 rgbwa-uv led pars, group 4 a simple led light effect (no rgb), group 9 RGBW wash moving heads, group 10 RGBW beam moving heads).
On my midi controller i selected that some faders have the red channel, the green channel and the blue channel for midi control.
When i select a group (for example the led pars with rgb), everything is fine, so i can control with the faders the red, green, blue channels of the pars, so thats ok.
Also when i do for example group 1 + group 9, (rgb led pars + rgb moving heads), i can control the lights with te rgb channels and is working fine.

But then ..., when i add the group with the light in it where is no rgb in it? Then it goes wrong ... The rgb faders start to work inverse ... Red on 0 is on and 255 in off, also for the green and blue... So the values are inverted. I can see this also in the output of freestyler. So al the lights are reacting wrong on my demands.
When i put of the light without the rgb, then it is working fine again...
Is this a bug ?
How can i solve this, or what can i do to solve this please ?

2) Also another question, i want with some fader to directly controle a dmx channel. That is working at this moment. But is it possible to add 2 dmx channels to one fader on the midi controller ?
I have almost al the time 2 the same ligths, but on different adresses. So i want for the 2 lights direct control on each dmx channel for the single light ...
Is this possible and how can i do this please ?

Hopefully you can understand mu troubles ...

Kind regards !

Return to “FreeStyler Software”