These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

When a lamp is striked the previous channelvalue will be restored after 5 seconds

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
colombo
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

When a lamp is striked the previous channelvalue will be restored after 5 seconds

Post by colombo »

Hi, What is this feature good for? ver 4.1.6

When a lamp is struck the previous channel value will be restored after 5 seconds

I have fluorescent lights that I have turned off, then I need to turn them on and after 5s the lamps turn off.

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: When a lamp is striked the previous channelvalue will be restored after 5 seconds

Post by djSupport »

Normally on moving heads etc the lamp strikes when the value is at a certain range for so long, in your case this doesn't need to be done so go into fixture creator and create a 'macro' for lamp on and off and remove the values for the box that is labelled lamp on off
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
colombo

Re: When a lamp is striked the previous channelvalue will be restored after 5 seconds

Post by colombo »

Why make macros when there are buttons to control the lamps directly. Check out the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-9UYlsENHU
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Because 99% of gas lamps need to be 'striked' it does this because that's designed for that I'm sure, it takes two seconds to create a macro with an on off for your florescents and you'll have a button exactly like that in the macro buttons window,

If you want it to behave differently please use the bug tracker to request it as a feature...
colombo

Post by colombo »

I have been using gas lamps to control the freestyler for more than 10 years. It is about gas lamps-
to version 4.1.5. it worked so that the gas lamps turned on immediately after pressing on, and when turning off, the off button must be held for 5s any time the shutdown was accepted. The new behavior is described in whatsnew.htm (When a lamp is striked the previous channelvalue will be restored after 5 seconds), but I don't understand what the author means.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

If it's a change in behaviour please use the bug tracker in the links menu that this affects you, a separate registration is required for the ybig tracker
colombo

Post by colombo »

I know, I've already reported several bugs. It behaves exactly as the author describes. But I don't understand why he changed it like that. Controlling gas lamps is basically impossible.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Like I said macro buttons are an easy workaround, I don't know how they are dmx'ed but say it's one channel each and you have 20 of them you could just create a 20 channel fixture with the buttons for all of them on, I guess he never anticipated your usage but let him know and he may change it
colombo

Post by colombo »

gas lamps do not like to be switched on and off frequently. It used to be logical. Now that's nonsense. I will write to him.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

I'm curious though, have you got a photo/video of your setup is like to see what you do with these flourescents
colombo

Post by colombo »

Do you want to see a video of how the light works with a gas lamp or what would you like to see?
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Yeah just how you use them
colombo

Post by colombo »

Like my central effect
Showtec Navigator 575hmi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvnRGZcHD4&t=215s
I completely renovated it and added DMX control to it (it's actually a replacement for its analog controller.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/156102413 ... ingle_unit
https://www.facebook.com/reel/578226249 ... ingle_unit
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Ah, you see you said flourescents I was thinking like flourescents in like neon styles when I think what you now mean is discharge lamps the ones that strike and get very hot. Either way that central light is epic! It looks great fun

Return to “FreeStyler Software”