These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Noob question, don't hate me..

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
UK-Infinity
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.
Twitter: None
Instagram: None

Noob question, don't hate me..

Post by UK-Infinity »

Hi everyone,

I will state off the bat that I am NOT a lighting tech of any kind, I am a hobbyist DJ who has recently become entranced by the magic of having my lights do my bidding under the control of Freestyler.

My setup then, is a laptop running Freestyler through a USB to DMX dongle, which is working out great. I have about five or six different fixtures, some of which I have doubled up on at the same DMX address so that they mirror each other (my autism loves symmetry). I am running TouchOSC Bridge as a MIDI controller along with my own custom TouchOSC panel on a tablet, this I use as my primary light control surface when DJ'ing.

This all works BEAUTIFULLY and Freestyler gives me AMAZING freedom to create sequences, and affect how those sequences play back/forwards/randomly/sound-reactively and so on... but WHY only 22 cues? I need more, MANY more.. each with their own toggle button on my TouchOSC panel.

Is there a workaround for this 22 cue limitation, am I missing something obvious. I tried working with multiple cue sheets but that seems to result in both cue sheets sharing the same cue slots instead of having their own.

I'm new to all this, but I want to create more togglable sequences than 22, am I a control freak? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks if you took the time to read all this!

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Noob question, don't hate me..

Post by djSupport »

If I recall you can have cue pages which you can toggle between, you can also minimise some of your programming by using the override buttons, for example override buttons can be used to change colours of your lights without effecting the movement patterns.
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”