These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Looking for small DMX player / recorder Topic is solved

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
erwinredl
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Looking for small DMX player / recorder

Post by erwinredl »

Hi there,

I am looking for small DMX player/recorder, preferably just a circuit board with screw terminals, and no housing. In the past I've used the Chauvet DJ DMX-RT and removed the housing but the quality of that product declined dramatically to a point where it is rendered useless. Same with NicolAudie products, too expensive for my application, very buggy software, and unreliable hardware for professional use.

I've looked into the Enttec S-Play SP1-1 70092 but it is simply too big and expensive for my application. Raspberry PI, etc. would also be too big and bloated for my very, very basic needs.

I've found 2 products on DMX4all.de in Germany, the DMX-Player XS and the DMX-Player L-MK2, but just the shipping is $70+.

Application:
- Program light sequences created with the ETC Mosaic MSC / Mosaic Designer 2 software / hardware (my favorite DMX toy but too big and too expensive for my application)
- Record DMX/ArtNet/or similar light sequences from ETC device to small DMX player/recorder hardware
- Play the light sequences back as DMX data on start-up of small DMX player/recorder

No calendar function or reordering of sequences needed, just the most basic record and looped playback.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Erwin

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Looking for small DMX player / recorder

Post by djSupport »

Martin did a playback control, I'm not at a computer to check but you'll see the option to upload to it in FreeStyler, might be able to pick up an old one as the last time I saw one was approx 20 years ago!
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
erwinredl
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Looking for small DMX player / recorder

Post by erwinredl »

Thx!
Erwin

Return to “DMX Interfaces”