These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

BUG - MALFUNCTION

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
giovanicuquil
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

BUG - MALFUNCTION

Post by giovanicuquil »

Hello, I have a somewhat complex problem, I have 16 - parleds, all being the same and from the same manufacturer.
it happens that some of these parleds(3) are not working with Freestyle, however they work with Q Light perfectly, the DMX command arrives correctly, the channels are separated, even putting in channels that another parled that is working correctly the 3 parleds do not work , but they all work with the Q light controller.

would anyone know a solution to this problem?

I've tried all sorts of freestyle configurations and I couldn't get it to work.

follow channel specifications

Channels
1 - DIMMER
2 - RED
3 - GEEN
4 - BLUE
5 - STROBE
6 - EFFECTS

I don't understand a lot of English, I'm using google translator, in case something doesn't work, that's why.

GiovanniG
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User

Re: BUG - MALFUNCTION

Post by GiovanniG »

change the dmx values manually, if you know what you are doing and there is no effect you may have 2 problems:
the controller you are using with freestyler doesn't work properly
You don't have right connections on the DMX bus, check it, check if the pin 2 and 3 of XLR connector maybe are somewhere reversing (they should not), at the end of line put a 120ohm resistor between 2 and 3

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”