These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe function

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
soakes94
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Strobe function

Post by soakes94 »

I make alot of my own DMX devices, usually RGB floods or strips. THe controllers are very basic and only allowing dimming of each channel. I was wondering if the function of building a strobe into the software would work. So that way my light would strobe but all that is happening is the software is switching the light on and off and not being done by a seperate channel.

Steve

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Strobe function

Post by Spirit »

you can also just Craete a Sequence that says Step1: all led on Step2: all led off and Set FADE to Snap, Scene time and Fade time as low as Possible now save it.
And if you play this back with the cue you can use the SpeedSlider to let is Flash Faster or slower...Idea?

/Spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
soakes94
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Post by soakes94 »

I like it :)

Will test it tomrrow at a venue
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

As spirt said you can do this but a fixture really needs to support strobing in its personality. DMX is pretty slow and will never be able to spike the signal quick enough to the fixture to have real strobing.
The super fast rate at which a shutter of strobascopic lamp operates is ALL about the electronics and software in the product its self.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
sheesh07
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by sheesh07 »

My moving head doesnt have flashy effects that adjust the intensity of dimmer automatically to match a beat of a song unless i manually drag its faders up and down. How can I do that same effect? Any idea? Newbie in freestyler

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”