These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Using Manual trigger

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
RoySlough
Has mastered Fixture Creator
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Using Manual trigger

Post by RoySlough »

Please can anyone help,

There are some sequences for which I would like to manually control the steps. e.g.
Step 1 : position the moving head.
Step 2 : Turn lamp/colour on
Step 3 : pan to new location
Step 4 : turn light off
Step 5 : return to default/park position

Making these separate cues would quickly create far too many cues to manage

I have created the sequence, but each time I run it in the cue window - it runs through all the steps.
I have selected the react to manual/tap icon, but whether it is red or blue (i.e. on or off) the sequence steps through the steps automatically.

I would like to avoid using extra long scene times, as these have the potential to expire and the unit go to the next step automatically (especially as there is only a single manual trigger, it would help if there was next & previous step buttons)

The reason is I usually work on stage shows and even though it should be known how long a scene/step should last there at occasions when it overruns (especially in rehearsals)

I am sure it is something I am doing wrong otherwise what would the "react to manual/tap" icon be for?

Thank you

RoySlough

Re: Using Manual trigger

Post by RoySlough »

I have found the reverse sequence feature which would solve my "back" problem.

I have also discovered the disable manual/tap button which excludes a sequence from being affected by these.

However I cannot find a way to start a sequence in "step" mode.
The best solution I can find is to have the first two scenes as duplicates with long scene times and to press the manual button immediately the sequence is started. This would hold the sequence on step two until the next press of the manual button. e.g.
Step 1 - Position the lights - scene time one minute
Step 2 - Position the lights - scene time one minute
Step 3 - Turn on light/colour
Step 4 - pan to second location
etc...

Is there a way to start a sequence in step mode?

Any advice from more experienced users would be appreciated
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi no there isnt, the way you figured it out is the only way...

or you can use GOmonkey Cue stack that can be found somewhere on the Download section..
Its a Theatre Stack and you have a BIG! , GO! button... maby this will work...
i'm no Theatre guy so i'm not sure..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
RoySlough

Post by RoySlough »

Okay thanks for that.

Being new I have much to discover....

Is this GOMonkey download something that "builds into" freestyler.
I have already spotted LEDTRIX and SUNTRIX as plugins but their purpose seems unclear as what they appear to offer is contained within freestyler, but I am probably missing something important here.

Is there an idiots guide to why these (and any other plugins) are beneficial to users.

One other thing. I am having trouble getting the Magic 3d Easy view to show what I am doing in Freestyler.
Is it because the 3d View is running in limited mode (I am using the virtual controller in Freestyler until the USB DMX dongle I have ordered arrives).
If I build my "stage set" in Magic 3d now, will I be able to save it - while in limited mode?
Will things be altogether different and better when I have a real interface available?

Thanks for the help and advice
petervdveen
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by petervdveen »

Hi guys,

I know this is a very old topic, but I've got the same 'issue'.
Has there been a solution for this in the meantime?

Thanks!
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

The best way to accomplish something that has variable timing needs is to create separate cues then trigger them as you wish

Return to “FreeStyler Software”