These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

FreeStyler Eurolite 512 DMX problem

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
smitske96
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

FreeStyler Eurolite 512 DMX problem

Post by smitske96 »

Hi,

I am pretty new to using FreeStyler, however I got the things working yesterday.
Yet, now my current testing setup does nothing. To give a insight about what I use:
-FreeStyler (latest release)
-Windows 10 (updated though it worked with the previous version and did also not work with the previous version)
-Eurolite 512 USB DMX cable
-Mini 30 Watt movinghead

For the movinghead I succesfully created a fixture yesterday. All worked fine and all commands were being excecuted. However, now the movinghead does nothing. I do see the DMX output change in FreeStyler itself. What did I do regarding problem finding?

-Check COM port use of the Eurolite (6)
-Check Eurolite drivers and possibly update
-Reinstall Eurolite drivers
-Reinstall FreeStyler
etc.

Going from the above, I would say I have a defective Eurolite DMX USB. Though, due to my low experience with this software and DMX in general, I am not 100% sure. Does this sound familiar to anyone and maybe have a solution? (if its not the Eurolite defect ofcourse).

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: FreeStyler Eurolite 512 DMX problem

Post by Partyman »

if it was working: you either made a change to the freestyler setup OR (most likely) windows booted the device or is not loading the drivers correctly.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Try it on a different USB port, check if correct com port and does it have a power light? Does it light up?
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
smitske96
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by smitske96 »

The Eurolite DMX does not have a light unfortunately. I will try a different USB port.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

There are many different drivers available for that device. I had a couple I had to work with a year ago and I remember going through many versions before finding the one that worked. If you are showing an unknown device in device manager it will not work until that is resolved. If it is showing as installed in windows but Freestyler cannot see it, it has the wrong driver installed.
If it shows up in freestyler and connects then all drivers are fine. If Freestyler connects but loses connection then that is an issue with your usb port and power saving or a bad cable.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”