These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Overide Button Does Not Loop A Sequence

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
DJ ROLLER
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: TheOneShibaDiva
Instagram: RollingReflections

Overide Button Does Not Loop A Sequence

Post by DJ ROLLER »

Hi, I'm new to FreeStyler and loving it. All my questions have been answered by this forum except one, as named in my topic subject. I hate to ask, but I'm stumped.

I have a sequence that cycles each step in a sequence in a loop as expected when pressing play in the que list. That same sequence, inserted onto a button on the overide panel, plays the first step, and then stops. I confirm this by watching the output.

I have "restore values turned" on in prefs, loop selected in the que, and checked all the steps in the sequence. The overide button is not set to "flash".

The fixture is a Lixada 9 watt LED 3x3 spider. It can rotate at different speeds infinitely clockwise or counterclockwise (Pan) and the heads with 3 RGB LEDs can swing in or out 90 degrees (tilt). It consumes 48 channels for control over every light, each head, and rotation.

It's a simple 2 step sequence. Turn all 9 lights to blue and tilt all three heads 90, then keep the lights on and tilt the heads back to zero. The sequence loops fine in the que list, swinging 9 beams of blue to a single point and then back out. Triggering it with an overide button, the lights come on and swing to 90, but there it just stops swigning with the lights still on.

I've added more steps to ensure it completely cycles the tilt values. But the behaviour is the same. Works great from the que list, but not using a button.

I'm a DJ who upgraded his lightshow with SoundSwitch. However, SS is difficult to control lights like this, and I've added a whole rig of spiders, derbies, lasers, and scanners with lots of parameters like this 3x3 spider. FreeStyler is perfect as a secondary light control board. I just want to trigger simple sequences of the FX lights when I want to add pizaz while mixing. Nothing elaborate like playing through a whole que list. The button panel is important because FS is running on a touchscreen beside the music controller.

I just can't this one button triggering this one sequence to loop the sequence.

Thank you!

DJ ROLLER
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: TheOneShibaDiva
Instagram: RollingReflections

Re: Overide Button Does Not Loop A Sequence

Post by DJ ROLLER »

Well, I figured out that override buttons isn't want I should use. Instead, I should be using the Cue List pages and buttons.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Overide Button Does Not Loop A Sequence

Post by Partyman »

you got it!
Use override buttons for color, gobo, prism,... but nothing with more than 1 step

Return to “FreeStyler Software”