These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

uDMX windows 10 64bit

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
nokka
Knows how to turn Lights ON

uDMX windows 10 64bit

Post by nokka »

Did someone figure it out how to install it? I tried all tutorial that are online but unsucessfuly :(

mrstretch

Re: uDMX windows 10 64bit

Post by mrstretch »

I just posted this .. it will work have a issue leave me a comment.

I bought the dmx for 19.00 on ebay. It came with a small disk with a udmx driver. I couldnt get it to load . I figured it out after about a hour of searching. The issue lie in the device signature , the driver was not recognized. In order to deal with this here is the solution. Go to the start menue in the lower bottem then press and hold down the shift key while clicking on the restart button. the computer will open a blue screen with , continue , trouble shoot, or turn off pc.press trouble shoot. then press advanced options. now 6 options will show up.press start settings . then restart. The computer will reload and then it will ask you to press a button to continue . Here is where you press f7 or the 7 key. the computer will reset. now once this happens you wait to have it load as normal. once windows is open you can go to the go to the device manager. now plug in the udmx. the udmx will appear but has a issue . now click on the udmx and go to the driver section and select from the location like hard drive or file you put on the desk top. now it will ask you if you want to open this even tho the driver is not signed. the answer is yes . It will now load. once it loads it will come up as udmx in the driver section. now open freestyler and use the udmx as a 512 and your ready to work.

hope this helps someone else as the video from the company and youtube didnt help..

respect... Dj Stretch from Canada
mrstretch

Post by mrstretch »

also , depeneding on the disk they sent you it worked better if i opend the disk and dropped it on a folder on the desk top.. makes it easier to search later.
brin
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by brin »

THANKS a lot for this hint, didn't know windows 8.1 good enough...

no I got the drivers installed

again thanks for sharing

regards, brin
Bikash Saha
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: no
Instagram: no

Post by Bikash Saha »

how to install driver in windows 10 64 bit
Bikash Saha
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: no
Instagram: no

Post by Bikash Saha »

how to install driver in windows 10 64 bit
RRRocks505
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

LC+ nor

Post by RRRocks505 »

After spending the last 5 days trying to get uDMX to work on a new laptop, I finally figured it out. When I installed on my desktop a year ago, I did the changes that allow unsigned drivers to be installed, did not want to do that this time. Tried the Zadig install, it did not work with libusbk or Winusb. Zadig installed but uDMX would not work with QLC+ nor Freestyler. Finally looked in the uDMX driver folder and found a little exe called InstallDriver.exe. Ran that and it installed and uDMX now works. Note that as per ilLUTZmination.de I manually copied uDMX.dll to <Windows>System32 directory. I did this while trying the other installation procedures so not sure it is necessary but it can't hurt anything.
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

ComputerhullGaming
I Use FreeStyler for: Bedroom Lighting.
Twitter: twitter.com/computehull

Post by ComputerhullGaming »

I think I did, what part do you mean? because I got installed
Desantos83
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control
Twitter: @mr_nick_d

Post by Desantos83 »

Hey all! :D

Long time lurker. First time poster.

I’ve gone and got myself the same eBay £19 usb DMX adaptor and successfully installed it. Got freestyler set up and running the lighting BUT (isn’t there always a but..) I find the usb keeps stopping, windows makes the whole unplugged / plugged in usb noise and the lights stop responding.

It only happens when I try to manually pan/tilt or use the automatic shapes in the X/Y windows (such as 8 or flower)

Now I know it’s not the physical laptop, apart from the fact it’s brand new and other usb plugs work, I wondered if the driver could be at fault? It’s seemingly some generic uDMX driver or could it be the actual USB DMX that’s just naff?
an2ner
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by an2ner »

Do we driver for Windows 11?

Return to “DMX Interfaces”