These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Creating-Adding Fixtures >> Step-by-Step

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
musiclee
Has mastered Fixture Creator

Creating-Adding Fixtures >> Step-by-Step

Post by musiclee »

ok guys and gals,

what's easiest way of creating fixtures?
i know you use the Fixture Creator program
but once i open it, it looks a bit intimidiating

let's say i want to create fixture file for the:
American DJ Hyper Gem, or the Revo 4

is it enough to have the manual for this?
do i choose "Custom" in Software?
but then wow, there are so many fields to fill in which i don't know which pertain, etc.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Creating-Adding Fixtures >> Step-by-Step

Post by Mavi »

Have you read about fixture creator in the Wiki? http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator

You only need to have the manual at your side (or the DMX channel discription) but it is always better to have the fixture too. For testing the fixture file you created. Sometimes the actual fixture differs a bit from the manual. This could hapen if there is a new firmware on the fixture but the manual is the old one for example.

Do not worry about all those fileds. You do not have to fill all of them with values. Just those that are needed to controll your fixture.

And yeah, you would choose "Custom" for your fixtures :)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Topic moved to the right subforum
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
scott823
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by scott823 »

First day here learning Freestyler. I have some off brand lights and would like to know how to add these in. I'm assuming that I need to go to Fixture Creator first. When I do, I don't see the fixtures that I have. So, I manually try to add them in. I put their names in then how many channels. I add the description of the channels. Then there's other things that I don't understand (locate and default under "channel description"). Then there's macros and custom sliders. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”