These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to program song lighting sequences triggered by a button?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
romandesign
Knows how to turn Lights ON

How to program song lighting sequences triggered by a button?

Post by romandesign »

I'm in a Prog Rock band, and out drummer plays to a click. I'm designing a tight budget lighting setup with 10 wash lights and 4 moving head spots. My goal is to have the drummer press a button befor ethe song with the beat of his click, then the whole song play out: sequences for intro, verses, choruses, solos, ending. As I know the precise timing of each I don't need anythi9ng complicated or MIDI sequencer etc. Just need to trigger scenes (chases, moving heads etc.) on a loop at specific times in a song, and map trigger to a button in the que window (ideally - to a MIDI controller pad).

I started learning Freestyles but I don't see an easy option to do that. I thought I'd do sequences for chases, movements etc. then insert them to a queue for every song, triggered by a button. But I can't figure out a scheduler. It seems not to play scheduled cueues, lose time settings on save, count time from a timer that has to be manually reset ot a PC time, and to be accurate only to the second (I'd want more precision, 1/24 of a second maybe). Also sequences start together instead of following each other. I want one to play (loop until certain time), then another etc.

Is there a logical and easy way of programming songs into Freestyler? Am I missing anything? What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help.

I ordered a cheap Lexada USB-DMX adapter to run from a laptop. I hope it works.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: How to program song lighting sequences triggered by a button?

Post by Partyman »

You need a program for freestyler called "Go Monkey" , a freeware written. For band cues. Might have to do a search of forum to find a link
romandesign
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by romandesign »

Thanks
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

And we have the submaster sequencer now too: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8611

Return to “FreeStyler Software”