These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sound2Light and Reaper

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Mark Scrivener
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Sound2Light and Reaper

Post by Mark Scrivener »

Hello Everyone,

I'm running Freestyler and Reaper on the same machine and trying to use the Sound2Light module. I have Sound2Light configured in loopback mode for my audio interface.

If I play a file using the media player (Win7 machine BTW), Sound2Light sees the audio and all is good. However if I play the audio using Reaper, Sound2Light does not see any audio. I'm assuming Reaper is somehow taking priority over the audio interface and not allowing Sound2Light to see the audio, but I can't find any settings in the Reaper config that would control this.

Anyone successfully using Sound2Light with Reaper?

BTW - I have been using Reaper to send midi to Freestyler, and that works great. But thought I might try some automated stuff. Would prefer to keep it all in Reaper so I can mix midi control and Sound2LIght.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Sound2Light and Reaper

Post by Partyman »

If you are using reaper in ASIO mode that would be your problem. ASIO usually locks driver to one software.
Mark Scrivener
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Sound2Light and Reaper

Post by Mark Scrivener »

Yep, that was it. Unfortunately that is the only option with my particular audio interface. Oh well...

Return to “FreeStyler Software”