These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fade out with Overrides?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mrgordon27
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/djsolstice

Fade out with Overrides?

Post by mrgordon27 »

Hey all,

Searched and searched but to no avail. I use only override buttons. I want to be able to have a button where light goes to full brightness then fades out. But no matter which mode I choose (snap in fade out or whatever) it just makes it what it is instant on and off.

I want to be able to hit a button to make the light go fully bright, then fade out!

And NO CUES!

Speaking of which, How do you execute a cue and then after it’s Unclicked make the values of the light go back to what they were?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Fade out with Overrides?

Post by Partyman »

mrgordon27 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 12:04 am Hey all,

Searched and searched but to no avail. I use only override buttons. I want to be able to have a button where light goes to full brightness then fades out. But no matter which mode I choose (snap in fade out or whatever) it just makes it what it is instant on and off.

I want to be able to hit a button to make the light go fully bright, then fade out!

And NO CUES!
Not sure it can be done without a Cue, what you are wanting is 2 steps. Step 1 turns light on and step 2 fades light out.

Speaking of which, How do you execute a cue and then after it’s Unclicked make the values of the light go back to what they were?
In the "extra options" of freestyler setup select preferences/extra options the check the box for Cue "Go to Previous value" always enabled
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej.

Override buttons are instant.
They don't use fade so as Partyman says the only way is cues.
dekw1
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: None of your damn business!

Post by dekw1 »

Override buttons can fade in if "fade in experimental" is selected, If you use master speed for running sequences this will control how fast it fades :)
Un gel spГ©cial est utilisГ© pour aider si vous avez vasculaire cГ©rГ©bral et de crise cardiaque.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

You are right but if I recall correct then it affect all override buttons or am I wrong?
And what "mrgordon27" is the fade out.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”