These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ MyDMX Buddy not working anymore on Freestyler!

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jessed
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

ADJ MyDMX Buddy not working anymore on Freestyler!

Post by jessed »

Hi,

A month ago, I bought the ADJ MyDMX Buddy. I used the dongle a month ago with Freestyler using the instructions at the bottom om this message, which worked.

Now I have a problem. I installed Freestyler again on two laptops and one PC using the instructions from DMXsoft, and both have different error-messages.
  • Laptop 1: Everytime I open freestyler or setup freestyler with the MyDMX Buddy connected, it says: "Error creating output thread. (File not found: LsHardDevKit.dll). Only the red light on the buddy is flickering a little bit.
  • Laptop 2 and PC: When I open freestyler it asks which device I want to use, I select "DmxSoft interface" and press OK. It does not work. And when I open the controller setup: The controller is deselected and it says "Error 44" in red.
  • Also, Freestyler does not close the (background)process in the task-manager when I close freestyler using the X in the right-top-corner, I have to close the (background)process manually before I can start the software again.
Sometimes I get no errors at all, but it still does not work, the dongle does not respond in any way to the software.

See all errors in the attachements of this message.
I asked this question at DMXsoft, but they send me to this forum. How do I fix this?

CURRENT FREESTYLER VERSION: 3.6.43!

---- On ma, 11 sep 2017 23:21:31 +0200 <info@lightingsoft.com> wrote ----

Hello
For Freestyler :
  • you need to have a registered DmxSoft interface
  • in the DmxSoft store, you need to activate the free Freestyler licence (see image below)
  • you need to use a very recent version of Freestyler (3.6.42 or more)
  • in Freestyler software, you need to select "DmxSoft interface" in the list of DMX interfaces
For more support of Freestyler with dmxsoft interface, please contact Freestyler network (wiki, forum, facebook..etc)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mvcuyos

Re: ADJ MyDMX Buddy not working anymore on Freestyler!

Post by mvcuyos »

i have encountered the same problem with this... Error creating output Thread, File not Found: LsHardDevKit.dll

How to fix this im running my freestyler with window 7
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Did you complete the steps described above?
* you need to have a registered DmxSoft interface
* in the DmxSoft store, you need to activate the free Freestyler licence (see image below)
Did it work before?
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1

Post by lj_raph »

mvcuyos wrote: July 10th, 2019, 10:51 am i have encountered the same problem with this... Error creating output Thread, File not Found: LsHardDevKit.dll

How to fix this im running my freestyler with window 7
Hi

I've tested FreeStyler (latest version) with a Sushi interface working perfectly on a fresh installed Windows 10 computer without any issues.
Did you installed FreeStyler as an administrator? (rightclick -> run as administrator)
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development
snippy85
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by snippy85 »

remco_k wrote: July 11th, 2019, 9:37 am Did you complete the steps described above?
* you need to have a registered DmxSoft interface
* in the DmxSoft store, you need to activate the free Freestyler licence (see image below)
Did it work before?
I don't see any images, I also have the same problem

Return to “FreeStyler Software”