These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wrong DMX output

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
OlegP
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: TV Broadcast

Wrong DMX output

Post by OlegP »

Hello Everyone!

Have you ever had such a problem?

I try to use USB to DMX interface based on FT232R chip as Enttec Open DMX device and I've faced with a very strange behavior.
The DMX interface gives correct DMX output in range of values from 0 to aprox. 110, from 110 and more it gives wrong output, for instance when I put value=255 (100%) for Intensity channel the light has got in fact 24% of Intensity. The same situation for color channels, in range from 0...110 everything is OK and in range values 110..255 the light gives wrong light colors.

I've checked in device manager USB drivers and I dont find any problem.
OS -WIN 10. Freestyler X2 3.6.49.
I tried to use previous version 3.5 and I've got the same problem.

Thank you very much in advance!

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Wrong DMX output

Post by Partyman »

you should be able to open the "show output" window to see exactly what freesyler is sending. It sounds to me like a fixture file problem.
OlegP

Post by OlegP »

DMX output window shows the same values as in channels control dock panel, it seems like a something wrong USB driver.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Usually windows either recognizes or it does not. I have NEVER seen a dongle work partially and it be driver related, this could be a first.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Is the hardware a real Enttec Open DMX device? Or something else? If something else: what is it then?
And then you probably should not select Enttec Open DMX as a device in FS, or there is a (hardware/design) issue with your hardware.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
OlegP

Post by OlegP »

Hi Everyone

It looks like a some kind of magic.
The current issue with wrong DMX output I got on ASUS multitouch PC, then I tried to use the same USB-DMX box on my private Desktop PC it runs correct! Then I installed Freestyler on my colleague's Lapotop and it runs correct. The USB-DMX box is not actually original Enntec Open DMX device.

Then for testing purpose I installed the "PC dimmer" software on Asus PC and it gives correct DMX output, but Freestyler does not work correct!
OlegP

Post by OlegP »

Ok, It seems that I solved my problem.

I think the problem comes from the Framework 3.5 which was not by default installed in last releases Win10,
then we reinstalled win10 and Framework 3.5 before to Install Freestyler and now it runs that it is expected. DMX output correct and I control my lights.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”