These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Raspberry Pi WiFi streamed DMX Media Server Project

A simple media server using Raspberry Pi and FreeStyler!
Bangorscott
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Raspberry Pi WiFi streamed DMX Media Server Project

Post by Bangorscott »

Simple Media Server using a Raspberry Pi driven by WiFI controlled by Freestyler DMX using sACN E1.31

Wanting to have the ability to be able to project logos and loops to match lighting scenes without too much expenditure, I opted for a Raspberry Pi, and after a lot of trawling about the internet for help and advice, I came up with the following solution.

Mirroring my second DMX Universe in Freestyler DMX as sACN E1.31 and using a Raspberry Pi model 3B, with Jessie, set up with a WiFi Access Point (https://frillip.com/using-your-raspberr ... h-hostapd/).

Installing OLA ( Open Lighting Architecture www.openlighting.org ), and using OLA trigger to run FIFO scripts to loop Omxplayer .

This allows selection of 50 HD 1920x1080 mp4 ( H264-AVC) Video Loops, these can be uploaded via Putty (www.putty.org), a headless operation can be obtained via VNC (www.realvnc.com/), although the Pi’ is set to autostart with black looping on its HDMI output, simply then connect to Pi’s WiFI Hot Spot, run Freestyler, I created a profile on Freestyler that uses 2 channels ( one for Video Selection, the other for control) and have a set off Macros in the profile for this.

There is a one second gap of Black between recalling different Videos, I guess a limitation of the way I have used Omxplayer, but this is satisfactory for my needs. The later Model 3B+ requires Stretch, with which I have not quite yet got the Access point working to my satisfaction, but in a trial version there was no improvement in the loading of Videos.

The Jessie version allows connection of Ethernet to the PI and subsequently internet access to the connected laptop. This is also based on using the latest version of Freestyler 3.6.47 ( at time of writing).
Many Thanks to all the sources out there on the internet that allowed me with minimal linux knowledge to plough my way through it.

For a video of it action visit

https://youtu.be/utIBvgdvpsg

For more information or if you would like a copy of the Raspberry Pi image visit

http://www.d-lites.uk/raspberry-pi-ola- ... er-project

and email me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bangorscott
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Raspberry Pi WiFi streamed DMX Media Server Project

Post by Bangorscott »

FrestylerMacros.png
A grab of the Macro Panel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Raspberry Pi Simple Media server”