These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Lamps continue to light after finishing a cue even when the program is closed Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
EXELBONSAI
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.646
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Lamps continue to light after finishing a cue even when the program is closed

Post by EXELBONSAI »

Hello

hardware
Enttec dmx Pro MK2

software
Freestyler (latest version)

problem
I imagine the problem is new to me !!!
But I can also be wrong because I had only run S2Ll function.
Since I had only ever S2L function active I did not really noticed. But tell me that I did not have the problem as it is now.
I imagine the problem is new to me !!!
But I can also be wrong because I had only run S2Ll function.
Imo I work very intensely with freestyler and create cues modify / create my fixtures even so far everything i.o (I hope)

Now I let a cue run when I run this out the devices as in the freeze function just continue. Even if I close Freestyler.
I restart Freestyler everything is off (as it should)
I disconnect the lights from the network and I turn them back on are the play mode again (Note Freestyler is not on)
If I pull the USB cable out after closing Freestyler, it takes a while and then they go out.

All devices (mostly ADJ) are in the menu with missing DMX signal blacked out.

Have the feeling that the Enntec stores the last DMX sequences and sends on missing DMX signal on. Is there a switch?
Do I have something to clean up at the fixtures ...?
Ordinary goes in and out of gobos and so on, everything goes ...

Hope you have a tip

Greetings from Berlin
Ralf

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Lamps continue to light after finishing a cue even when the program is closed

Post by Partyman »

Lights are not smart, if you tell them to turn on you have to tell them to turn off. Stopping S2L only stops new signal from being sent and leaves the lights in the last state they were in before turning S2L off. You will need to make cues that Turn lights off along with other features that you may want to lock. You can tell Freestyler to set all lights to certain values when the software starts and when it close (options under "edit" menu at top of screen).
EXELBONSAI
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.646

Re: Lamps continue to light after finishing a cue even when the program is closed

Post by EXELBONSAI »

Wow

Vielen Dank Many Thanks
PhantomDj
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49

Post by PhantomDj »

Also Enttec DMX PRO MK2 offers an option what do when connection with DMX software is terminated. You should also check that option by using the appropriate tool (PRO Manager from Enttec).
By default it's set to keep sending the last received data.

I also use the Enttec DMX PRO MK2 and I don't have the issues you describe though. One possible reason for the behavior you're experiencing is if you use your fixture's built in Macro programs.
When Freestyler shuts down the most you should expect would be all light to freeze in one state.
If something is "moving" then either your last scene contained movement (like gobo rotation) or it had active color/movement fixture macros.
If you do use fixture built-in macros then it would be wise to program an override button that turns all macros off. Then you apply this override when you want to stop everything.
Finally you can also toggle Freeze and Blackout actions on as well (Freeze won't stop movements like gobo rotation, prism rotation, e.t.c. It just tells Freestyler to stop sending new data on the DMX interface)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”