These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Mini scenes / overrides

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
j_dunavin
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Mini scenes / overrides

Post by j_dunavin »

I have several scenes that I made up for my ADJ pocket scans and flood lights, but I would like the ability to change things up on the fly.
I thought that having many smaller scenes loaded, then I could select them with my midi controller to create a larger show on the fly.
I hope that makes sense.
Ultimately if the override buttons could actually store a scene and not just one step, it would solve my idea. Or is there a way to use midi notes to momentarily activate a cue list?

Lighting Dragon
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Mini scenes / overrides

Post by Lighting Dragon »

With my moving fixtures, I tend to put static settings on the override buttons, things like color and gobo. Then that allows me to change aspects of the fixtures quickly. Then all movements are done via the cue list/submasters. There are lots of midi controls for turning on and off cuelist slots and submasters, you might just need to spend some time figuring out what works best for your controller and workflow.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

To both of you on this thread...

You should be using Submasters to do this.

Many years ago I wrote an article on how to do this. It was posted on the FS wiki and is still there although its be plagiarised quite a lot by others claiming its their work. (not that I really care).
Anyway have a look at it. Its the best way to control in they way you describe.

Or you could just build cue lists and save them to cue list buttons.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
j_dunavin
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by j_dunavin »

Thank you! I read through the sub master section in the wiki. That will really help!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”