These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to send ASCII commands over TCP/IP?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
benyig
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

How to send ASCII commands over TCP/IP?

Post by benyig »

I need to control FreeStyler from another application (Processing), and I can do it using midi but I need to use another method to get better resolution when fading.

I know I can use ASCII commands over tcp/ip but I cannot find out how. Obviously, I'm very new to this....

Keibir
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: How to send ASCII commands over TCP/IP?

Post by Keibir »

You have to open a TCP/IP Socket to freestyler on port 3332 or 3333 and then sent the commands over this socket. For more details you have to tell us your programming language.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: How to send ASCII commands over TCP/IP?

Post by dmxlighting »

Just been looking at using Crestron to do this. Works quite well although ive not tried using and fade control yet. Button pushes are fine.

For testing you can use something like Hecules by HW to send commands into FS, you may need to set this up on a machine that is not running your FS app. Point the connection to the IP of the machine that IS running FS with the port number of 3332. Then send this command - FSOC002255
That should make FS blackout. Sending FSOC002254 will take blackout off again.

A full list of commands can be found in the FS installation folder on your laptop.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “FreeStyler Software”