These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Single Channel Fog Machine not responding

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
tallfella
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Single Channel Fog Machine not responding

Post by tallfella »

I have purchased a cheap RAVE 900 w dmx fog machine. I has one channel - fog output from 0-255.

I have set up in freestyler on channel 1 to test and the fog machine is set DMX channel 1. The output in freestyler shows response when I hit the fog control,but the fog machine is not responding.

I am using Enttec DMXUSB Pro and it works for the lights I have connected.

Anyone help. I have just added as simple fogger with fixture creator

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Single Channel Fog Machine not responding

Post by Rod_Horning »

Enttec supplies (or did) a Pro Utility. Try your fog machine using the Pro Utility instead of Freestyler. If it works with the utility then it would indicate an issue with the Freestyler setup. If it does not work with the utility then try a light (preferably a single channel instrument) with the utility. If the light functions then you know that the problem is with the fog machine.
kabak_85
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.646
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Single Channel Fog Machine not responding

Post by kabak_85 »

Did the fog machine work with manual action ? This type of fog machine need time to heat before working and need re-heat after a moment. On "cheap" fog machine, you cant making fog during heating.

Sometimes, i use my 3 channel dimmer chained just after the DMX projector i need to test.

I can see if my dmx interface and cable are OK.

You can have problem with cable (damaged or wrong pinout), an interface problem (disconnected by fault current, false contact ...).

You can had error on the deepswitch (all OFF), false contact or the latest dipswitch needed to be set in order to receive DMX orders (options like auto/DMX/master/slave/dmx terminator ...).

You can also had an dmx device with inversed data+/data-. You need a special cable in order to test this.
Speak English / Parle Français.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”