These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Questions about my set up

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
KRSmith84
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Questions about my set up

Post by KRSmith84 »

So, I am having a problem. I am running some very basic lights for a "stage" in a school. I have an Eliminator ED-15 dimmer pack, being controlled by a DMX Master 192 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SNYN0Y8/re ... 72347&sr=3.

It was working just fine. Then I went to check if I could do something else (daisy-chain a second dimmer through the first), and now it will not work. The control board will not control the lights at all.

As far as I know, the dip switches are in the right place, I have #11 and #12 set to "ON" so the 4 outlet channels are on dimmer mode, I have #1 "ON" for my DMX address, and I have #10 on, which puts the dimmer in "Slave" mode. The DMX indicator light is blinking, suggesting the dimmer is getting a signal, but no output is happening.

If I turn off switch #10, the DMX light goes off, and the dimmer works in Audio/Auto mode, and powers the fixtures, so I know power can flow through.

I have tried a different DMX cable to no avail.
I even tried a simpler controller, (but it is not programmable, and introduces some buzzing into the sound system).

I have no idea what I messed up, or what I should/can do to fix it.

Does anyone here have any suggestions/feedback?

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Questions about my set up

Post by Nathanrs93 »

The problem might be is that you only have 192 channels of control on that board. If you are trying to do more than that, the board will not have the ability to do it. You'll need to get software like "Freestyler" or "Chamsys" and get a USB to DMX dongle.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”