These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Help to select lights in freestyler Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Help to select lights in freestyler

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hello. At school someone used titan one but i want to switch from that software to freestyler because i have now idea how that works and freestyler yes. I cant see which dimmer pack we have and which light because they are hanging too high. I made picture in titan what we use. We have some normal pars and led pars and 2 movingh. My question is about the normal pars. They are pluged in in a dimmer pack. Do i need to select in freestyler fixture config the dimmer pack or just the normal par? And one more question i cant finde the fixture for: futurelight PHW 710E . Thank you))

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: Help to select lights in freestyler

Post by Rod_Horning »

How do you turn the dimmer packs on and off?

If you do not need Freestyler to turn the dimmer packs on and off then you only need to define a fixture (or fixtures) for the pars.

The reason for my question is due to a venue where I manage the lights. There are only 8 DMX controlled circuits run to the ceiling. This does not provide sufficient control. I configure these 8 circuits as ON/OFF (switched, not dimmed). I plug in a dimmer pack to each of these 8 circuits. Each dimmer pack has 4 DMX channels. This provides 32 DMX channels and thus I can control 32 instruments individually instead of only 8.

I had to define the 8 channels as a single channel fixture. This allows me to turn the dimmer packs on and off using Freestyler. Then I defined fixtures for each of the 32 channels controlled by the dimmer packs.

Hope this helps
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

I dont need freestyler to turn them on and off. I dont know which lights that are but not a par 56. But can i select in fixture config. Par 56?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Futurelight PHW 710E.pdf
Is this the correct manual?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

Yes it is! Thank you so much for your time!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

OK then you do not need to define the dimmer packs in Freestyler.

Par 56 - do you mean the ADJ Par 56? If the channel configuration of the ADJ Par 56 is the same as the actual instrument you have then, yes, the ADJ Par 56 fixture definition will work. If the channel configuration of the ADJ Par 56 is different from your instrument(s) then it will not work correctly.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

We have 2x stairville DDS-405 dimmers
6x cinelight junior fresnel 1000w
6x par lamps without name. I think they are connected to 1 channel on the dimmer pack
4x beamz led pars 64 18x12w
Last edited by dennisgamalej on January 12th, 2018, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

This are pictures from titan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Based on your information and pictures (thank you) this is what I assume:

User No. 1 - 8 [Dimmer] [Dimmer] represent the 2 dimmer packs (each pack has 4 channels). The 6x cinelight junior fresnel 1000w and 6x par lamps without name are connected to the dimmer packs. You stated that you think they are connected to 1 channel on the dimmer pack. According to the user manual each dimmer pack has a 16 amp maximum capacity. Each channel has a 6.3 amp maximum capacity. At 230V or 240V the total amperage of the 12 instruments exceeds the capacity of the dimmers (I computed the amps for the unnamed pars at both 500W and 1000W) thus I assume you do not run all 12 instruments simultaneously.

User No. 9 - 12 [RGBW, 7 DMX] [R,G,B,W,D,x,x] represent the 4x beamz led pars 64 18x12w.

User 13 - 14 [PHW-710] [17 DMX, 16bit] represent the 2 futurelight PHW 710E

Attached is a fixture definition for the Beamz LED Par 64. It is a 7 channel fixture. The representation in your picture is somewhat confusing. The description [RGBW, 7 DMX] [R,G,B,W,D,x,x] seem to indicate a 7 channel fixture. HOWEVER, each fixture definition is defined for 8 channels. Also, the [R,G,B,W,D,x,x] may indicate a dimmer channel for the instrument. The user manual (also attached) does not show a dimmer channel.

In Freestyler, you may use any single channel fixture definition for your unnamed pars and your fresnels. Find a fixture where the picture is similar to your instruments. Do you color gel your instruments? In my setup I have fixtures for each of the colors with which I gel the instruments. This helps me when I develop a sequence or, more importantly, when I run live.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

thank you so much)))) no we dont use a color on the pars. Thank you so much for your help)))
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

can you make also make please a fixture for the futurelight PHW-710? thank you)
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I will make the fixture. It may be a day or so until I have time to work on it.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

thank you so much !!!!!!!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached is my attempt at a fixture for your instrument.

After you select the instrument click on the top menu item Window -> All.
This will open the following windows:
Beam
Colors (2 tabs)
Macros
Lamp
Custom sliders
Pan / Tilt

This instrument has a lot of functionality. Please test it and provide feedback. There may be changes that will make using these helpful programming windows easier to use.
Futurelight_PHW710E.pff
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hey i tried it today. With one phw its going good but with another its strange when i pan and tilt in freestyler i have a problem with the light. Its like this: moving head doesnt move the light is on than when a move (pan tilt in freestyler) the movinghead the light is going off and than when i stop with moving the light is again on. It just with one moving head the another is working fine. Can you help me? I think its something in the movinghead itselfs but what?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

One possibility is the value being sent to channel 3. Channel 3 values of 226 -> 235 will cause the effect you are seeing.
dennisgamalej

Post by dennisgamalej »

And how i have to turn it off? I have two of these moving heads. One is okay but this one isnt. I dont know how to turn it off( and next week i have to do light on a show.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

If that is the problem, click on the fixture for the instrument that is exhibiting this behavior. This should cause the standard Freestyler sliders to appear in the upper right hand corner (if the sliders do not appear try clicking on the blue box with the white arrow). The channels are in order from top to bottom. The third slider is channel 3. Click, hold and slide all the way to the left.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”