These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

A mixer in freestyler

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

A mixer in freestyler

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hey! I have a question. Does freestyler has something like a mixer?I have 8 pars and i want them to turn on and off or ajust the sensetivity with faders. Right nou i have to go to each par and pul the sensetivity up or down. We had it with titan one i will add a picture so tou can see what i mean. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: A mixer in freestyler

Post by Rod_Horning »

Yes, it has a small mixer.

By sensitivity do you mean sound sensitivity or light intensity.

Are the PARs single channel or multi-channel. If multi are they the same brand and model? If not is the channel configuration the same for all of the instruments?

Freestyler allows you to group fixtures. When you select a group all fixtures in the group are selected. Thus is the channel configuration is the same then you can set the value for all instruments at the same time.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hey. Pars are single channel, i mean light intensity. Its easier to have a mixer when you slide up a fader the light will go on
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

There are a couple of ways to accomplish this.

If you configure the PARs with the same channel then you only need to add 1 fixture to Freestyler. When you click on the fixture the standard Freestyler slider(s) will appear in the upper right hand corner. The intensity slider will control the intensity of all your PARs. It does go left and right instead of up and down. However, if you then open the Master Intensity window (click on its icon which is just to the left of the GO icon in the top menu) you will get a slider that goes up and down. The Master Intensity also provides a Fade In and Fade Out push buttons with a speed control.

If you want individual control of the intensity for each PAR then configure the PARs with different channels and add a fixture to Freestyler for each PAR. If the PARs are identical then add them all at the same time by setting the No of fixtures to add (in the Setup Add/Remove fixtures window) to the number of PARs you have - 8 in your case. This allows you to control the intensity of each PAR. You do this by selecting a Par, setting the Intensity slider, unselecting the Par, selecting the next PAR, setting its intensity and continue for all 8 PARs. You can still use the Master Intensity window.

Another option is to create a single step sequence for each PAR that sets the intensity to 100%. The load each sequence into a separate sub-master. Set the sub-master to control intensity (not speed). Run each sequence. Now the up and down sliders in the sub-masters will control the intensity - the sub-master window looks similar to a mixer.

The mixer I mentioned in my previous post is called DMX400. Click on the DMX400 icon in the top menu. It has 8 sliders. Assign each PAR to a slider (right click on the PAR fixture and click on use in DMX400).

Hope this helps.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”