These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler & Magic 3D - problem with KAM PAR BAR

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
erictwalker
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Freestyler & Magic 3D - problem with KAM PAR BAR

Post by erictwalker »

Hello,

Firstly I'd just like to say what fantastic pieces of software both Freestyler & Magic 3D are. I've still a lot to learn but I think I've grasped the fundamentals. I'm trying to preview a very basic stage light, a Kam LED Parbar, in 3d Easy View

I've sucessfully got the software controlling the light on stage during a couple of gigs and it was certainly an improvement on the presets! However, to program I had to connect to the physical light, not ideal because the drummer usually stores the lights.

I've managed to run Freestyler with Magic 3D which is receiving the DMX info. However the fixture, when loaded, appears as a flat rectangle and does not light up in any way. I've dropped other fixtures in and they are definitely receiving instructions, albeit the wrong ones.

The Kam LED Parbar is very simple: just four RBG lights. Both the Freestyler & Magic 3D fixture profiles seem to be set up correctly. One is labelled MkII and the other MKIII but the mapping (if that's the correct term) is exactly the same.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be would be gratefully received! Her'es a screengrab in case it's useful: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wZPs3 ... GJ-2PX9YyI

Thanks,
Eric

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Freestyler & Magic 3D - problem with KAM PAR BAR

Post by buttza »

I usually just load a profile for each section. Eg. 4 x RGB for the bar which is essentially a 4 x RGB in 3 Channel for each segment. You can try and build the profile but because of the restrictions with the software you won't be able to use the macros.

For this Create a profile RGB Par. Then Call it the light name Section. This way when you load it into the plot you will know its a section of the light. Then load 4 into the plot. Now make sure your virtual patch is the same as the Channel listing for the fixture.

I hope that makes sense. :)
erictwalker

Post by erictwalker »

Hi,

Thanks for responding to my post! I think I understand what you mean...

Actually I did successfully load a profile for each section and I thought I'd cracked it, except it did not visualise any strobe effects which I believe is controlled by the 'lamp' window in Freestyler on channel 3.

Is it possible to create 4 profiles each of which can receive commands from channel 3 in 3D Easy view? Sorry if these are daft questions or make no sense :)

And thank you again!
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I know what you mean. Unfortunately not really. For that sort you would need to purchase something like WYSIWYG or Capture.

I create a fixture to show those effects when I am offline programming that at least you still get an idea of what effect is running. It's not the best way but I usually have to play around with the setup to get the result I'm after when it comes to SLMV3D. Hope this info helps.
erictwalker

Post by erictwalker »

Thanks so much, you've been a great help. I'm kind of relieved it wasn't just me over-looking something obvious. Really appreciated your time. All the best! Eric :)

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”