These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Difference between scene,cue,snapshot

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Difference between scene,cue,snapshot

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hey what is the difference between scene,cue,snapshot?

If i make for example every light strobe how to save it and than how to press one button to activate this saved thing.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Difference between scene,cue,snapshot

Post by Partyman »

There are no Snapshots in Freestyler. A cue has 1 step and a scene has multiple steps. Depending on the lights you are using and their DMX capabilities will determine how you have to make that scene. Some lights may require lamp on and lamp off commands to strobe (2 step sequence), other lights have a DMX value to make them strobe and can be done with 1 step.
Open the sequence creator window then select fixtures and make them strobe. (make sure the little boxes to the right of sliders are yellow on all channels used or not). Then save the sequence. You can then run the sequence via multiple methods (Cue window, override buttons, or submasters)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”