These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ACME CA-8 / ADJ UC-3 etc via DMX

Mod Fixtures, Interfaces, Cables, ETC.
Qpid
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

ACME CA-8 / ADJ UC-3 etc via DMX

Post by Qpid »

I am currently running (amongst other things) two ACME Revolvers and two ACME Vogues. I have a CA-8 handheld controller for each pair so that I can control the built-in programs, but more importantly, use them in Master/Slave mode. The fixtures built-in DMX functionality is quite limited and it would take an eternity to try and re-create those built-in programs in FreeStyler!

Has anyone come across, or made themselves, a DMX to CA-8 interface? ie: Replicate the controller functionality from FreeStyler? Ideally, I would like a little black box with DMX in and out and maybe four jack sockets that could go to each type of fixture. So each of the four "controllers" would have it's own DMX channel that could be built as a fixture in FreeStyler. The Three buttons of the conrtroller could then be simulated on-screen.

The crude way would be to hack a controller and use DMX controlled relays to activate the buttons!

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Cheers,
Andrew.

Return to “DMX Modding”