These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

30ch LED decoder and LED Strips Topic is solved

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
danmcr
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

30ch LED decoder and LED Strips

Post by danmcr »

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone could spare some time to help me with a project.

I've got the following LED decoder: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151824745044? ... EBIDX%3AIT and x10 of these LED strips: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261698045425? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I'm trying to create sort of a grid system that can go in time with music or set scenes.

My issue is, I have no idea how to add/create a fixture for the decoder in Freestyler and get it to work so each of the strips could flash different colours or same colour on a number of strips. Something similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxc3bZH_bCA

I've managed to create a 3 channel fixture for a couple of other single output decoders however this decoder I am totally lost.

Thank you for any advice or help in advance it's much appreciated.

danmcr

Re: 30ch LED decoder and LED Strips

Post by danmcr »

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong place to post such topic.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej
I have moved your topic.

If you have made a 3 channel RGB fixture then you just set the total channels to 30.
Enable RGB segments.
Configure it to 1 row 10 segments.
And fill in the channel numbers for the segments.

/Jan
danmcr

Post by danmcr »

Can I just say thanks for your help. I'm finally up & running. Next step getting them to do something fancy with music!
Fred D
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4

Post by Fred D »

Do you have a fixture file you can share? I am not getting mine to work. I have 30 channels selected but my issue may be that I'm trying to use 10 rows with 3 channels each? I am not sure.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Fred D please export and upload your fixture file so that we may look at it.
danmcr

Post by danmcr »

Fred D wrote: December 5th, 2017, 4:48 pm Do you have a fixture file you can share? I am not getting mine to work. I have 30 channels selected but my issue may be that I'm trying to use 10 rows with 3 channels each? I am not sure.
It's been a while since I've been on the forum.

Did you get sorted?

Daniel
molotow
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51

Post by molotow »

Hi Guys,

some time ago i have found the fixture you are talking about, someone else has uploadet it in another thread. I hope, he or she wont be mad if i share it with you.

Just take one fixture for each LED-stripe you are going to use and adress them in a row.

peace.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”