These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Home made USB-DMX interface, DLL?

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
crokrodil
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Home made USB-DMX interface, DLL?

Post by crokrodil »

Hi!

First of all, it's my first post here so let introduce me :

I'm a French young engineer (I was a student until this summer) in electronics and embedded systems. I work principally with Microchip (PIC18F, PIC24E, dsPIC33E) and ST Microelectronics processors (STM32) but I also worked with Texas Instruments (MSP430).
I like electronic music and also like everything in link with concerts, events, and all lighting and sound systems.
I like to analyse how things are working, that's why I passed a part of my holidays to repair any moving head lights (MAC-MAH PRO 575 V2 and V4) and other audio amplifiers.
I'm currently developping a DMX LED PAR projector (which will evolue to a moving head light as soon as the stepper motor acceleration/deceleration algorithm will work). I have any pics of the current design for those interrested in :)

Now the project :

I'm here 'cause I actually use an ENTEC Open DMX interface for my tests and it's far to be perfect, so I'd like to build my own system.
As I already used the USB On-The-Go for another project, I think I'll use it again, so the system would be based on a PIC24E microcontroller (Microchip). I also write a driver to send and receive DMX frames so all the hardware is here.
I am also ebale to write DLL with Visual Studio 8.

Now I need your help with the DLL content itself : How does Freestyler access the DLL to write channels values, read events... The aim would be in a first part that Freestyler sends channel values to the uController. In a second part, it would be great to launch a sequence or select a scene from the hardware interface, so Freestyler needs to read messages from the uController.

Is there somewhere a table or document with all Freestyler parameters, which would help a lot on developping, or a DLL source code template?

Thanks a lot! ;)

Crok'

crokrodil
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Home made USB-DMX interface, DLL?

Post by crokrodil »

PS : Comme dit dans ma présentation je suis français donc on peut parler en français si certains le veulent ^^
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Home made USB-DMX interface, DLL?

Post by djSupport »

I believe the enttec website has source code examples or did.... that may help you!
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”