These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

American DJ Stinger Topic is solved

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Jorgens
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.0
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

American DJ Stinger

Post by Jorgens »

So I'm new to this DMX as a whole but have gotten the hang of it the last week. Save for 1 fixture. I can't seem to comprehend the build on this newer American DJ Stinger. I have used profiler before as I had to creat a profile for the ADJ mini dekker, but this stinger is more complicated and I'm just up against a wall... I'll gladly paypal a grautity for a working profile!!!

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: American DJ Stinger

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Jorgens

It is a bit complex to do a fixture like the as it is what I will call 2 - 3 normal fixtures mixed up in one.
Also the manual is not the best meaning if you don't have the fixture next to you then it is almost impossible to make a good fixture for FreeStyler.
I think you are to do this one your self.

There are more possibilities for doing this fixture.
One could be to make two fixtures one for the LED and one for the laser and then place them on the same address. "Combined fixtures" there are more on the Freestyler wiki about this topic.

Or you can simply place all faders in one fixture and then abuse the gobo and color wheel
But start in the simple and then expand the fixture to something that works for you.

Personal If I had to do this fixture then I will try the combined fixture.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... d_fixtures

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I just had a look in the post complete library.

In the "new_15_03_01.zip"

I think you should have a look at Chauvet_Swarm_5_09ch
There may be some ideas that you can use.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4528

/Jan
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

I'll try your combined idea. I was just way overwhelmed when trying to create a single fixture. I'll have tu pull the swarm manual and look at the addressing. But the combined might be the way to go!!! I appreciate the help!
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Before you choose the combined idea the have a look on the swarm.
There is not just one way to do this and you need to figure out what works best for you.
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

so the swarm fixture gave me control... but that fixture won't blackout with the rest of them.. everything else is good enough to work, but no blackout. i don't see how to edit that anywhere in the fixture... I'd take some advice on that and then we're golden enough to take it on the road.. i apprecaite the help!!!
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Jorgens.

The blackout only work on dimmer, shutter or RGB channels.
The fixture you are creating have 2 or 3 parts which each need to be on one of the blackout channels.
I think this is almost impossible for you to achieve.

You can eventually upload the fixture (.pff) here then we can have a look on it.

/Jan
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

here is what i have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

.pff attach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej.

There is not much in the fixture you uploaded.

The easy way to do this for you is to add some macros for this auto / mode channel

If you add the channel 1 as macro then you have all the auto functions.
This will be the normal way to set the / use there functions.

If you additionally add it as Shutter channel with "Open" as 255 and "Closed" as 0 then you will have the global "Blackout" function.

Channel 1 in the macro tab and add some icons which describes the function.
0, BLACKOUT
25, SIX COLORS LED AUTO RUN
55, WHITE LEDS AUTO RUN
85, LASER AUTO RUN
115, AUTO RUN MIXING
145, SIX COLORS & STROBING
175, LASER & STROBING
205, LEDS, LASER, & STROBING
255, DMX MODE

/Jan
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

Rockstar of the day goes to you!!! I'm not good with the macros yet.. just dove headfirst into dmx 2 weeks ago and just trying to get it gig ready.. I've got the phone app, and need 1 button scenes as im the guitar player and need my hands..lol.. I appreciate the help! I've got 60 hours in 2 weeks logged into trying to figure out freestyler, dmx addressing and everything else... close.. but not quite reliable yet... huge learning curve but this form and ya'll have helped a ton.. I do appreciate it!!!
NaughtyMonkeyDJ
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: @naughtymonkeydj

Post by NaughtyMonkeyDJ »

I've been working on the new Stinger 2. It's not a 10 channel, it's 9 or 2. Here's what i've got so far. After building it, I think I need to go back and start from scratch with a new version with the ability to attach macros in the gobo or color wheel section. I've got macros for the built in programs, gobo section for the color functions (and only 20 of the 100 possible color varieties, mostly solid and duo color so I can integrate into my sequences that are solid color) and macros for the UV. This is a real PITA.

UPDATE 04.28.2016: edited the GIF so it's transparent

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”