These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler and 30 channel RGB easy DMX

Mod Fixtures, Interfaces, Cables, ETC.
felior
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Freestyler and 30 channel RGB easy DMX

Post by felior »

Greetings,

I am new in dmx universe, and I am having trouble getting to work 30 channel RGB easy DMX board bought from China.

I have open DMX USBDMX interface based on FTDI chip. It is working fine with fixtures like RGB Laser or Chuavet MinWash.

But when I connect 30 channel board and let's say I assign DMX address 1 to it after I change values on first 30 channels nothing happens. I have 2 LEDs on board red and green, RED is for power while green starts to flash when I open freestyler (DMX signal), but I don't get any output on channels when I am changing value of them.

As I said I am new and probably I am doing something wrong.

This is the board: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-chann ... 41072.html

And I am using: KWMATIK KW-D-01 USB DMX interface (http://kwmatik.blogspot.se/p/usb-dmx512.html)

I apologise if I am in wrong topic.

Thank you

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Freestyler and 30 channel RGB easy DMX

Post by Spirit »

hi

i see on the board at the srew terminals there are guiding light.
do they light up when you controll one of the the 30 channels?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
felior
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: Freestyler and 30 channel RGB easy DMX

Post by felior »

Hi Spirit,

No there aren't any guiding lights turning on.
When switch 10 is on (fun/auto mode) everything is allright and it is doing predefined patterns, guiding lights and strips light up...

I tried with Freestyler, USB2DMX (small program just to check functionality), QLC+ and everytime it's the same green LED is blinking but there's no output.

Also I checked D+ and D- pin and they are also allright, I tryed with XLR and RJ45 input but no difference.

My only conclusion is that board is faulty if I am doing everything right...

Return to “DMX Modding”