These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Relation between BCF2000, presets and Sysex files

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
studijo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Relation between BCF2000, presets and Sysex files

Post by studijo »

Hi,

I expand my knowledge of the BCF2000... So far, I was able to load the SYSEX file from this forum into the BCF2000 and configure FS as a working system.

First problem, I experienced: when I power off and turn the BCF2000 again on, it doesn't work anymore and I have to reload again the SYSEX file to the controller. Why?

I already read several time you may not use Preset 0 to upload but no idea how you can select which Preset you use. This brings me to the next point:

I played with BC Edit to change the standard FS SYSEX file. I am able to change things but I want to use the presets on the BCF2000 to have several 'modes' of functionality.
For example an edit mode (Preset 1) to program FS (for ex: fader 1: R, fader 2: G, fader 3: B, and so on)
A 'run' mode (Preset 2) where fader 1 is master-output, fader 2: speed, and so on

I can only load 1 SYSEX file into the BCF2000. Is this a normal behaviour?

Does the SYSEX file itself contains a Preset number for the BCF2000 or is it important, and how, to upload the several SYSEX files?

Thanks to clarify if you can help me

Freestyler 3.5.9 on Windows 8.1 with DMX4All USB interface.
BCF2000 with firmware 1.10
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
studijo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Relation between BCF2000, presets and Sysex files

Post by studijo »

Nice that you can solve your own problems, but I want to share my experiences.

Indeed, the sysex file was loaded in Preset 0, the temporary preset.

To change that into Preset 1 took me a long time but here is the explanation:

1. Open BC Manager (be aware that no other programs are running in the background that 'connects' to the BCF2000 otherwise you get an error)
2. View -> B-Controls
3. If all is OK, you get a list with 1 item, your BCF2000 with the firmware listed on the right
4. Double click this line to open the Preset Window
5. In the Preset Window click on the first line = Preset 0 line it will highlight
6. Edit -> Copy (or click the green icon on top)
7. Select the row with 1 (=Preset 1)
8. Edit -> Paster (or click the red icon on top)
9. MIDI -> Send

Now you have uploaded the file into Preset 1 and it will not disappear when you power off the unit.

I also learned not to use several presets (only 1) but to use the Pages in FS.
A page will react as a mode. So fader 1 can work totally different in Page 1 as in Page 2.

Therefore, configure in FS (Setup - FreeStyler Setup - External Control - Midi Control) 4 buttons, each button for 1 Page (Midi Page 1 till 4. Be aware that 'Page Independant' is selected!).
Then select on the right Page 1 and configure all items for that Page 1. Do the same for 2, 3 and 4 but give them off course other functions.

Success !
Freestyler 3.5.9 on Windows 8.1 with DMX4All USB interface.
BCF2000 with firmware 1.10
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
RaphRaph
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by RaphRaph »

to obtain several pages on bcf with freestyler, we need to create several presets on bcf ? (with copy/paste on BC Manager)
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You also have to assign the buttons to change the midi page within the freestyler midi settings
RaphRaph
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by RaphRaph »

yes i assigned these midi pages button. it's ok.
But when i tap on them, nothing change on the bcf... ?
i tryed to store several presets in bcf2000 with BC Manager tool. But nothing change...

what happen for you on bcf when you change page ?

Return to “BCF2000”