These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

CHEAP china mini moving head wash/spot

Mod Fixtures, Interfaces, Cables, ETC.
liarschair10
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

CHEAP china mini moving head wash/spot

Post by liarschair10 »

Hey all,i have some of these little cheap jobs..they seem to work really well. I have already modded them,because of the RGB surface mount led in them,they are kinda useless. So i put 20watt white led's in them. Made them a ton brighter,but i wanna make them spots instead of washes,anyone know how or where to find the optics to make this happen. the original led was 15 watts..so basically 5 watts per color..so as you can tell,the 20 watt definitely improved brightness...and i just use them with my band in small to medium clubs...any help out there??

THE BEN

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: CHEAP china mini moving head wash/spot

Post by Nathanrs93 »

It can be quite hard to make it into a spots especially with it being LED's, what you could have done is looked at the beam angle of LED's you put in before doing so. There's not really another way I could see you doing it personally. Unless someone else as experience or their opinion.
liarschair10
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by liarschair10 »

thanks for chiming in. I think most everything i have read anywhere,the smd leds are mostly 110-120 degrees..so the optics are what makes the wash/spot. For example,you take any mover,and take away the optics,all you have left is a undesirable wash..these things are just like the chauvet min spots,but they seem to be discontinued. They(chauvet) have a 12 degree beam angle,where as these have a 25 degree. This is the smallest thing i could find,at this price range and We play in small places,mostly small stages,so anything else in size wouldnt be practical for us.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Yeah, I think it's something that is hard but you have to be practical when moneys involved as well. I mean I don't know how much you intend to spend, but it all depends on what you want to spend and if you really want them doing ASAP!
keithsplace
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by keithsplace »

Just as an experiment you might try placing a washer with a 1/2" hole in it. Like a 1-1/2" flat washer in front of the lenz may do the trick. Might even be able to just silicon glue it on since it" s LED.
Just a thought.

Return to “DMX Modding”