These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Keeping Lights Off After Shutdown Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jdycus
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Keeping Lights Off After Shutdown

Post by jdycus »

When I am finished with a service at church, I put all lights on black and shutdown FreeStyler program. All is fine for awhile, but I may come in a day or two later and one or more lights will be on or flashing. Anyway to prevent this?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Keeping Lights Off After Shutdown

Post by Spirit »

1. keep freestyler running
2. unplug power cord Fixture (this is the best option)

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Most lights will revert to S2L when DMX signal is lost
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I have noticed this lately with ACME Armoured par cans. Kind silly and annoying I think. :)
Raeschen
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Raeschen »

Some DMX output devices can maintain their last entered signal when the PC is shut down.

This requires that your PC can continue to output USB voltage even when powered down, but connected to the power supply.

I am using a DMXking Micro, and when i put my computer into sleep mode, switch it off, or even close freestyler completely, it will retain the values last entered to it by the program. Even when the DMX cable is unplugged!

If you unplug the USB cable or the power line to the PC though, it will wipe, and the fixtures will tend to restart in standalone modes.

Perhaps invest in a device that can do this? My DMXking micro was £19 off of ebay.
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Also consider that over time you may gain or change fixtures to halogens etc, and that at some point it would be much better to just cut the power to the lights for safety (such as water leaks, power surges or anything that could happen), to prevent excess wear & tear, and since you don't mention what your fixtures are also to maintain lamp and cooling fan life (even led fixtures won't go forever! Not even on standby).

So with this in mind usually the best option (and often most fire officer & insurance friendly) is to install a master switch to kill power when not in use.

Alternatively if this is too difficult depending on buildings electrics layout, or if they are all on different circuits, then there are devices called 'dmx relays' (not to be confused with dimmers) which could turn fixtures power off, and could be set in freestyler fixture config to default to ON value so as soon as freestyler opens the lights would then be powered up ready to go.

Just food for thought.
crossroadswc
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Lights Keep turning on and off

Post by crossroadswc »

So i have everything set up and installed correctly on the computer, i have the correct LED fixtures, the LEDs respond to commands but when I get them set the lights just turn on and off (10 LEDs shutting on and off together so its not an individual fixture. I previously used ADJ MyDMX and they would work with that so I am not sure why are responding like this. I didn't click any commands or any special settings to cause them to shut off and on. I am new to this software, so walk me through this. Again, its not a fixture issue and i have not clicked anything but maybe there is a setting/button I am suppose to be clicking
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

This requires a new topic. Please repost.

In the meantime a few things to check:
you haven't set the fixtures to strobe.
check the refresh rate for your dmx interface.

TOPIC CLOSED
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024

Return to “FreeStyler Software”