These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Looking for information on a Pogi light

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Eddiie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Looking for information on a Pogi light

Post by Eddiie »

Hi all, I am Eddiie, I am new here. Tried almost every piece of DMX freeware out there but like Freestyler the best because I got it to work! Thanks for writing this software. I look forward to contributing as time goes on.

I have recently acquired a big huge arse stage light made by a company called Pogi. At least that is what it says on the bottom arm. I cannot find anything on Google about this company or the light.

Before plugging it in I took the base plate off the bottom to look for anything obvious that might cause a problem... Oh my God I had to take a step back from what I saw. There is a big giant transformer in there next to a big arse capacitor, next to another big arse thing that says ignitor ... Then there is another big transformer in there for the DMX brains and steppers. (5 amp fuse)

Well, eventually I worked up the balls to plug the thing in... I was pretty nervous, the lights in the house dimmed for a second and the light made a bmmmffffff type noise like a big arse transformer and capacitor juicing up... Do I run? Do I let it set there? Well I sort of did both. It was a long 10 seconds... I felt the base and it was humming but no lights, no LED display showing address... Phew ........

So I open up the light compartment and find there is no bulb. There is no information anywhere about what bulb to get. But my research shows the only type of bulbs that need ignitors are HID lamps. They look expensive.

There is a missing nut that holds one of the big arse transformers in place, I cannot find it, which kind of concerns me. This big capacitor scares me too.

Any information is appreciated.

There is one sticker on it: PH93050018

Let me try to attach some pictures
Pogi1
Pogi2
Pogi3
Pogi4
Pogi5

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Looking for information on a Pogi light

Post by buttza »

Be careful messing around in there. Looks like an ol' skool ballast. Those capacitors have a seriously high charge. The moving head looks old too. :) I did try to hunt around for info but found none. Is there a country of manufacture?
Eddiie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Looking for information on a Pogi light

Post by Eddiie »

Someone fingered out it takes a HTI 150 bulb then pointed out that it is printed on the ballast - a bit blurry.

Bulb ordered.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”