These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

BCF2000 What can I do with it?

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
deeepdish
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.54
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

BCF2000 What can I do with it?

Post by deeepdish »

I've been trying to wrap my head around using a board like the BCF2000 with Freestyler, can't seem to put the pieces together in my head.

I get the concept of Sub masters. I would assume/expect that the BCF2000 would control sub masters as follows:

- Faders represent submaster intensity;
- The rotary knob(s) just above each fader can be select the respective sub master element, pushing the knob is equivalent of select/start.
- Buttons below the knobs can be set to start / stop, etc..

What I'm really after is the "simple" functionality of the trusty old Intellabeam 700 controller. :) I'm dating myself a bit here :). Simple board, 20 or so buttons representing presets.

I know I can achieve the concept of presets using Freestyler and other "button" boards, but I haven't been able to figure out how to run two presets simultaneously. E.g I have PAR cans that I want under independent preset control than my moving heads. Each "class" of light would have its own presets, intensity and on/off.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: BCF2000 What can I do with it?

Post by Spirit »

hi

you just allready know what to do with the BCF2000.

i use it like this..

- Faders, Submaster intensitie
- Buttons above Sliders, GO/Back to scroll thru the Submaster list
- Encoder, to control the speed for each Submaster.
- Push buttons encoder, Not used, because this will break the Encoder realy fast.

- Other button, Tap-sync, Manual tap, Disable tap, Release all. Some override buttons..
know I can achieve the concept of presets using Freestyler and other "button" boards, but I haven't been able to figure out how to run two presets simultaneously. E.g I have PAR cans that I want under independent preset control than my moving heads. Each "class" of light would have its own presets, intensity and on/off.
this is way the submaster are so Briljant..
SM1 parcan.
SM2 Pan
SM3 Tilt
Sm4 Shapes
SM5 Positions
Sm6 MH Intensitie
Sm7 Colorwheel chases
Sm8 Iris chases

just the way you like to have it...
but if you use the cue for testing, you need to enable "cue multiselect Always enabled"
cam be found here "Setup->freestyler setup->preference->extra opties"

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “BCF2000”