These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Scanner Control

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
dave77
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Scanner Control

Post by dave77 »

Hi All

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question and in the wrong place. Im new to freestyler and have searched high and low but cannot seem to find a answer.

My problem/question is control of my scanners and do I require new ones? At the moment I use freestyler to control my iMove 250s moving heads using submasters I control most of my show, but at times I like to let the lights run from there own built in programs by setting channels 5, 6 and 9 to dmx values for music activated.

My problem is with my NJD DMX250 scanners I really like the lights but I cannot seem to be able to control them as I would like. I can run them from freestyler no problems but like my moving heads I want them to run from there built in mode too. There seems to be no dmx value for setting them to do this in the lights manual.

If the NJD DMX250 scanners will never be able to run in controlled and auto modes can anyone suggest a scanner light 250w brightness or LED equivalent that can do both modes please?

I hope this makes a little sense and someone can call me a idiot as im missing out somthing really simple.

Thanks in advance

Dave

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Scanner Control

Post by dmxlighting »

so lights do allow you to access a 'stand alone' mode via the correct dmx commands, which is not the case for the NDJ fixtures you have.
Chauvet do some scans/movers which will let you do that and they are reasonable quality at affordable prices.

To be honest I would stick with writing sequencies in FS. If you are creating submasters to control the lights you have them keep building them up and then start using cue list buttons. If you do it right you will never need the stand alone mode.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
dave77
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Scanner Control

Post by dave77 »

Thanks for the reply

I have a chauvet hemisphere 5.1 and some chauvet pars allready so think its time for a change of lights lol.

The iMoves weight a ton and the NJD's are heavy beasts too. Time to go fully LED i think.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”