These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

crash on saving sequence

Disscussions on possible bugs in the current BETA.
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.

The Idea of this is :

1. Informing others of confirmed BUGS and
2. Giving other members the opportunity to confirm your possible bugs

Forum rules
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.
DELighting
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

crash on saving sequence

Post by DELighting »

My Freestyler crashes when I want to save a sequence. I set what I want, then click "save" and windows 7 error message tells me that Freestyler has crashed and needs to restart. The same issue happens when I want to use the "open" button in sequence as well. Basically any time the program wants to access the save directory for the sequence generator. using 3.3.7 on windows 7, Enttec USB pro

Update:after reinstalling both 3.3.2 and 3.3.7 the problem was still there in both versions. I then moved the few saved sequences that I had managed to save before it started crashing out of the folder and now the program will open the save/open sequence window. I placed one of the files back into the directory and it crashed right away. My guess is that somehow a saved sequence file got corrupted? What would cause that?

Arno Costa
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.4

Re: crash on saving sequence

Post by Arno Costa »

I also, after I installed the 3.4.6 version every time I save a scene as an error and the program closes, any solution for that? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

No, only you thing you can do is Report in to the Devolper.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs can be found on top of this page as "Submit a Bug Report"

/sprit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
DELighting

Post by DELighting »

Arno Costa wrote:I also, after I installed the 3.4.6 version every time I save a scene as an error and the program closes, any solution for that? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
That's a double "same here" with me as well. I got it fixed once (as mentioned above) but now it's happening again with the new 3.4.6 It's been ticking me off any time I go to open or save anything. Secquence, cue lists...any time I go to open or save the program crashes. I was using 3.4.6. so I uninstalled, removed all files from the hard drive and re-installed 3.4.4......the problem was still there. So I unistalled again and went back to 3.4.6....sill crashes anytime the program wants to open the save/open directory. I tried installing 3.4.6 on another computer and the open/save works just fine, but not on my laptop.
PuffedSlinky
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

Post by PuffedSlinky »

Try running FreeStyler as administrator.

To do this: Right mouse button click the FreeStyler icon and select "Run as administrator"

- PuffedSlinky
DELighting

Post by DELighting »

PuffedSlinky wrote:Try running FreeStyler as administrator.

To do this: Right mouse button click the FreeStyler icon and select "Run as administrator"

- PuffedSlinky
Dog Gone it! I think that might solve the problem. I just downloaded the new beta of 3.4.8 and was again having that problem with a clean brand new install. I was getting so pissed and was going to do another bug tracker (it wouldn't let me post because there was so "catagory" to select so it won't post)

I came here and saw your reply and went and tried it. No crash! let's hope it stays that way. Thanks!
thibdan
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by thibdan »

I fixed the problem by deactiviting my SMART VIRTUAL TABLET PC in Device Manager. Hope this works for you guys also.

Return to “Latest Beta Bugs”