These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

BCF2000 and colour control

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
KJTF
Knows how to turn Lights ON

BCF2000 and colour control

Post by KJTF »

Hi

I have just started using BCF2000 with Freestyler and I am wanting to use it to control some old fixtures that have a built in colour wheel (Abstract Roadies). The pan feature is working fine, but I was wondering if there is a way of using the BCF2000 to control the colour. Colour is controlled on one DMX channel and certain values are certain colours (10 for white, 26 for red etc.) Intermediate numbers put the colour wheel with two colours showing which I want to avoid.

Is there a way to programme the faders or the rotary switches to give a series of fixed numbers rather than a continuous run of all numbers?

My only other way of doing this is to use the buttons to move to the next colour.

thanks in advance

Ken

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: BCF2000 and colour control

Post by Spirit »

There no way to do it like you Like to have.

OR if you use Global colors then the First color slider will act, as Fixed color positions.
But still thats not realy the idea about the Color slider.
and you can only use the Colors that are available with the Global color Feature.

how i do it, is to make sequences 1Step long with just static Value's.
so one sequence for White value 10
a other sequence for Red value 26
and on....

and now you can add everything to the override buttons or submasters and you just press a Button and the fixture goes to that color. (Value)
or you select a Color from the list in a Submaster.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
KJTF

Post by KJTF »

Thanks, that looks like a helpful work around.
mjgundry
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by mjgundry »

I believe that what the original poster desires is possible using a MidiOX Translation Map. Are you using MidiOX?

The general idea is that you need to create an entry in the Translation map for every quantized color value you want sent. For example, if I wanted a fader on channel 1 with controller number 15 to send only the middle values for the controller value ranges of 1-31, 32-63, 64-95, and 96-127, I would set up the table like this:

Code: Select all

Input                                           Output
                   Value 1    Value 2                              Value 1   Value 2
Chan.    Message   Min. Max.  Min. Max. Clone  Delay Chan. Message Min. Max. Min. Max.
1        Cntrl     15   15    1    31                1     Cntrl   15   15   15   15
1        Cntrl     15   15    32   63                1     Cntrl   15   15   47   47
1        Cntrl     15   15    64   95                1     Cntrl   15   15   79   79
1        Cntrl     15   15    96   127               1     Cntrl   15   15   111  111
So with your BCF2000 on the input and MIDI Yoke 1 as the output, when MidiOX receives a value from the BCF2000 fader of, say, 71 it will output a value of 79 on that same channel and controller number to Midi Yoke 1. Does that make sense?

Now, some encoders only send out one value for "clockwise turn" and one value for "counter clockwise turn". The idea outlined above won't work for that controller type. Another caveat is that if you use that same fader (or controller number) on multiple pages, the fader will send the same quantized values on each page. This will cause a problem if you are using the fader to control color on page 1, but tilt on page 2. If that is the case, MidiOX has the ability of using a midi command to load different maps, but I've never done it.

Hope that helps,
Matt

Return to “BCF2000”