These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Configuration observation

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Configuration observation

Post by wardomon »

With my BCF2000 arriving in less than a week, I thought it would be a good idea to read the manual and fool around with BCEdit. You know, to get a feel for the hardware and some of the configuration possibilities.

The more I learn, the less I know and I'm pretty sure that my head is going to explode.

It's going to be a long week.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Configuration observation

Post by Spirit »

yes i did the same but it's realy easy i'm just a boy of 22years old and midi is a old protocol.

But it looks alot like Dmx:
a Dongle is one universe haves 1 to 512 channels and every channel can have a value of 0 to 127
Midi haves 16 Universes and one midi universe haves 127+0 Note's and every note can have a Velocity of 127+0

Only Freestyler allows to work with 1 Midi universe it doesn't matter withs Universe 1 to 16
and Freestyler works with CC Note's (Control chance Note's)

Bcedit can not upload a .Sys file to your BCF2000 you will need Midiox or Sendsx to do so.

maby this will help a bit, and a little bit less head exploding.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by wardomon »

I'm a geezer of almost 59. Been in it a while. One of my first systems used DC relays to switch lights on. We custom built a "light board" that had switches for each relay as well as a hard-wired matrix of switches for presets. It was crude, simple and dangerous. We had to replace the wire from the contacts to the connectors with larger gauge after the insulation started catching fire. Ahhh, the good times.

I was using a cheap midi keyboard and interface to trigger cues, but there was a huge lag between key press and out put. Sometime as much as half a second. I ditched the set up without even using it on a gig.

The thing about the BCF2000 is the vastness of choices. It would be nice to get the layout right the first time. It's hard enough learning the layout of the house lighting board with every new venue without having to figure out where I put something on my own gear.

I'm trying to figure out how many encoders I'll need, what I'll need for live presets, how I should set it up for editing/programming, etc. Like I said, makes my head explode. I can only work for an hour or two before I've got to walk away for a bit.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

ahh yes, i'm useing the Bcf2000 and touchscreen for almost 6mouth or so.
but i'm also still searching for the best controlls. but thats because i do also use Pearl2010 expert Titan mode and Grandma2 (these lightingdesk also have there problems). so i know how nice it can be, i don't whant to say freestyler is bad or something instead it's a realy nice pease of software only some times i need a work around to get the controlls i like.
just like the other post i made with Midibome's translator.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “BCF2000”