These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Showtec-MicroSpot - 13 channel

cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Showtec-MicroSpot - 13 channel

Post by cyberb0b »

Attached below you will find the latest version of the showtec-MicroSpot - 13 Channel version fixture.

V2.3For freestyler version 3.5.2 and up!
- Shutter closed by default

V2.2For freestyler version 3.3.5 and up!
- Fixed locate fixture function
- Added Rainbow Color speed
- Added music pan & tild speed, used in combination with macro's.
- Shutter open by default
- Fade in and out works.

V2.1For freestyler version 3.3.2 and before!
- Submaster intensity works When the submaster window is opend.
- Fixed the master intensity for RGB Channels (does not work on the color wheel!!) (please suggest)
- Reintroduced The color wheel. Copyed from Onge.
- Renamed some channels for easy usage, also copyed from Onge :roll:

V2.0
- True usage of submasters i found out i had made a mistake with the lamp channel.
- photoshoped new icons for the rotation speed of the gobo wheel

V1.9
- Added aditional speed steps to gobo wheel

V1.8
- Reindexed audio and movement macro's

V1.7
- Removed color wheel (beter controll of colors)

V1.5
- Blackout fix

V1.4
- Lamp value fixed (going fast :p)

V1.1
- Fixed shutter value (closed is closed)
- The shutter will be open by default (for dmx400 very handy)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cyberb0b on May 6th, 2013, 12:57 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Dj-emile
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Showtec-MicroSpot - 13 channel

Post by Dj-emile »

Thank you Somuch for the Micro Spot Fixture :):)!!!!! :fs: :D :D :P
Onedutch
FreeStyler Version: 2.0

Post by Onedutch »

Hello Cyber,

Thank you for adding the Micro Spot, 1 question, when placing the Micro Spots in Magic 3D easy View it looks OK. Except the beam / light is not comming out of the fixtures. The movements are OK, so it does react on the freestyler pan and tilt actions. But no light is commin out, I tried a American DJ Scanner and that one is working OK pan til and light, you have to press Open to get the light starting.

Should your fixture file be able to work in Magic 3D Easy view aswell ?

I'm a newby, so could be that I'm missing something, or perhaps RGB colours are not supported with Magic 3D view?

Regards, Tom
Onge

Post by Onge »

I have looked at the fixture (Showtec MicrospotLED-revised) in ScanLibrary and all seems OK.

What I have found is that you have to set the following channels in a particular way.
Channel 6 - set at 8 - The Open at 240 does not work !!!!!!! Strobing works though. Remember it dims down from 8 to 134 not up.
Channel 10 ColorCycle, not the RGB colour, to a value above 7. As this channel has a closed shutter on it below 8.

Now you can move channel 10 to select the predefined colours or leave it at 8 and then adjust the RGB colours.

Hope that helps.
cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by cyberb0b »

Did i do something wrong in the profile?

The color wheel i intentionally left blank, personally i think its useless as you have rgb @ your command. So using a sequence or DMX400 works a lot more friendly.
And the strobe functionality works in my fixture file, Uhh.. i added some additional values to the strobe channel to bypass the closure of the shutter.. as i recall that it causes a problem while using the overall fade in/out...

But if i can improve it, please let me know. I am always wiling to learn
Onedutch
FreeStyler Version: 2.0

Post by Onedutch »

Onge wrote: Channel 10 ColorCycle, not the RGB colour, to a value above 7. As this channel has a closed shutter on it below 8.
Hope that helps.
Yes I see the light, butt (allway's the Butt thing), I spend 15 minutes searching how I can change dmx channel 10. I checked all buttons on the Lamp/Colors/Pan-Tilt/Gobos/Macros windows. But how can I change the DMX channel 10 to something higher as 7? I don't see a change in DMX channel 10 as a refelection of my actions in the mentioned windows. What does it do anyway? Does it cycle trough all available RGB colours?

What I did to achieve this is to go to the Output Window, and right click on the DMX channel 10 and choose Invert, so it now reads 255 :) and the light is on. I think I need to do something with the DMX400 window/panel?

Best Regards, Tom

Answer, Found it, when a fixture is selected you will find a Slider on the right side of the freestyler screen (has a blue arrow) press the arrow and you find sliders for all 13 channels. Remains the question what the DMX channel 10 does for a living :) Found in the help under Change values.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Channel 10 is a preset colour wheel. Toward the end of the colour wheel are a range of CTC filters (Colour Temperature Control), which you would use with the RGB/CMY mixer to get exactly the colour you want, like you do with monitors.

Depending on the situation and effect you want, it is sometimes good to use a colour wheel rather than a RGB/CMY effect.

I have modified the fixture added channel 10 - colourwheel, so it matches the colour wheel with ScanLibrary version.

Also dimmer should work now.
Showtec MicroSpotLED-revised.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by cyberb0b »

But is there something wrong with my fixture profile or not?
Onge

Post by Onge »

cyberb0b wrote:But is there something wrong with my fixture profile or not?
No, but channel 10 - the colour wheel was not defined and Onedutch was having problems of not getting any output in Magic 3D Easy View.

Also gave the file a new name to match that of the file in Magic 3D, so yours stays intact.
cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by cyberb0b »

New version posted, for FS 3.3.5 and up.

More controll!!! :)

Look in the first threath
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

I like the way, you used the images to indicate the speed. It is much better to quickly chang the speed that way then having to search for "fast" "super fast" or anything else. I think I will download this fixture file and use that images for mine as well, if I get your permission for that :)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by cyberb0b »

Ofcourse.. Copy what you want.

As soon as i know the cause of the lineup failure, i am making new buttons who will be much clearer..

But no problem.. The more people use the same images, the smaller the program gets. :)
djsalas
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Post by djsalas »

tnx for the fixture butt i have the problem that my gobochanel alwas keep spinnig and i can schoose to stop :s can somebody help me with that ?
cyberb0b
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by cyberb0b »

With my fixture on a microspot?

Return to “Showtec”