These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

USB DMX interface for 10 GBP,

Know a Site that has good deals on Lighting and Sound Equipment?
Want to share your Online Store?
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

USB DMX interface for 10 GBP,

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey Guys.

Not because I want FS users to change to another DMX program, but look at this interface for ChamSys magicQ PC. it only cost £10 inc. P&P.
MagicDMX Basic interface

BUT it only works with magicQ PC and is timed limited to 5 hours. After this time it is necessary to replug the device and to restart the MagicQ software. thats why it is so cheep. but it is like the enttec pro interface. It contains an onboard processor to process the DMX packets, and includes protection circuitry to reduce the risk of damage to your computer system from unexpected voltages on the DMX connector to keep your system safe.

I know i can use the enttec pro interface without any limits (you can only use one enttec pro interface thou), but sometimes I need a second universe to control static lights all over the venue. and the parties do not exceed the 5 hour limit or there is times where I can restart magicQ PC.

I have bought one,

/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Re: USB DMX interface for 10 GBP,

Post by dmxlighting »

Do you use MagicQ ?

I know that Onge is looking at it and says its a cool bit of software.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote:Do you use MagicQ ?

I want to upgrade my skills and I think MagicQPC is a cheap way doing this. A lot of danish Light Technicians are using MagicQ PC and a wing so it is a good place to start. I haven't tride the program yet but i'm planning to, as soon i get my enttec pro interface (@ DJSupport: hint hint ;)

I have bought the MagicDMX basic for the organisation i'm doing volunteer work for. looking forward to get my whole own enttec interface :D
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:Do you use MagicQ ?

Yep, that is right it is a good piece of software that works exactly the same as the hardware desk(s). Create shows on the software vewrsion and they will run on any of the hardware versions. Obviously cannot move move than one fader at a time on the software version.
You can only use 1 third party interface, so you are limited to one universe until you buy their interfaces or wings with built in interfaces. You can only use 1 of those "limited" version interfaces, so do not think about getting lots of them. I did think about getting one but it gives you no advantage over a third party interface, in fact it actually restricts you, but is good for the purpose of evaluating the software and you could easily do a show with it, if you done all your timings correctly.

I am quite serious about this software and they also do free training sessions down in Southampton UK, beginners 1 day and advanced the next. This year they also have training in Leeds. It is a real shame that I cannot get those days off to attend the training, maybe the next lot.
They also allow you to book their equipment go down and play to your hearts content with all the hardware and software including WYSIWYG & Capture visualisers, media servers etc. for nothing.

If I do decide it is the way to go I will get a full console and have the PC software running as a tracking backup system.

Return to “Equipment Stores”