These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sound 2 Freestyler DMX

Yves
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Sound 2 Freestyler DMX

Post by Yves »

I've developed a MIDI-sync tool to synchronize DMX lights to FreeStyler by the use of midi clock from Traktor or a midi supported DJ mixer. E.g. Pioneer DJM900 (not tested) or Behringer DDM4000 (tested)

See: https://youtu.be/8BBpCtOFOUg

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Sound 2 Freestyler DMX

Post by djSupport »

If you need any support hosting them let me know...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Wallemdafoe
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

How to make it work in freestyler?

Post by Wallemdafoe »

So, I downloaded the tool, hooked up a djm900 through a midi to usb interface, and i get a correct read-out of the actual bpm on my pc. Freestyler is displaying the external controll icon in the top right corner.
How do I get freestyler to run at the external bpm?

I'm using a tie midi 1i1o usb midi-interface
Yves
Just started using FS

Post by Yves »

Nice you confirmed a DJM900 works fine with the Sound2FreestylerDMX tool. I was not yet able to test it myself. I don't have a DJM900 but a DDJ-SX2.
It looks like you configured everything right from your DJM900 to Freestyler. Now it's only a matter to configure Freestyler and your cues the right way.
Maybe the wiki http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/sound_2_light is usefull, but forget everything about Sound 2 ligth. The beat of the sound comes now from Sound2FreestylerDMX instead of Sound 2 light. The rest in the wiki is similar when you use Sound2FreestylerDMX
dariofreije
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51

Post by dariofreije »

Great Job! Thank you very much!

I tested with Traktor running in OSX, connected by rtpMIDI to Windows (Parallels) running Sound 2 Freestyler DMX and Freestyler DMX. Very simple to use!
dariusdark
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: qqq

Post by dariusdark »

Hi! I've been using SOUND 2 FREESTYLER DMX for a few months and it's just great! But I wonder if there is any possibility (using a freestyler, your plugin or other software) to multiply the bpm reading by the freestyler? that is, when the midi clock sends the 120bpm rate, the freestyler would read it as 240 etc. - it would diversify the possibility of creating sequences.
Thank you in advance for answer!
Yves
Just started using FS

Post by Yves »

Great you enjoy Sound2FreestylerDmx. I don't know tools too multiply the bpm rate. I put your idea on the wishlist. However at the moment there are no plans to make an update because everything is working fine. One thing I have to find out is what the maximum BPM can be. I guess that will be not that big.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

dariusdark wrote: October 29th, 2018, 1:46 pm Hi! I've been using SOUND 2 FREESTYLER DMX for a few months and it's just great! But I wonder if there is any possibility (using a freestyler, your plugin or other software) to multiply the bpm reading by the freestyler? that is, when the midi clock sends the 120bpm rate, the freestyler would read it as 240 etc. - it would diversify the possibility of creating sequences.
Thank you in advance for answer!
The S2L plugin (that is the S2L that has audio as a source, not midi) has a beat multiplier.
So if you're comfortable using audio as source, you can use that one. See here.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Julian
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Julian »

Hi guys, can someone share the SOUND 2 FREESTYLER plugin? the original link from Yves is broken. I searched the whole internet but couldn't find it.

Return to “Windows 8/8.1/10/RT Apps”