These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Helping out?

Discussion and help regarding the FS Wiki
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Helping out?

Post by lindsayward »

Hi there.
I'm thinking I might be using FreeStyler for a while, and I've found this Wiki helpful so far. Thanks!
I'd like to help, and have already started adding, editing and rearranging some content.
I'm no expert, but I think this helps. Because I don't really know, I don't assume anything, so I can add some explanation that might help other beginners (when I learn enough to do so).
Does that sound OK?

Feel free to have a look at my edits so far and let me know if it's worth it. Thanks.

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Helping out?

Post by djSupport »

Feel free, I have noticed your edits so far for grammar etc that's helpful as our main wiki man -English is his second language! The main wiki contacts are Jan_k and second in command Spirit! Feel free to offer help at thedmxwiki.com too that's solely me at the moment :'(
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej lindsayward you are most welcome.
I started the same way to write as newbie because I then would face the same problems that all other, new to “FS”, does.
Today I know a bit more and it is a bit more difficult to write about thing because I know how it works and it is logical to me, meaning I don’t have the questions that a newbie has.
And you are most welcome to review the texts that are in the wiki today. We know that some of them need to be updated but Raphael is coming with a lot of small changes all the time so we take the pages from time to time and give them an update.

So again your contribution are welcome small or large. :)

/Jan
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by lindsayward »

Good. Thanks for the replies. I'll edit things as I read them.
I think I've gotten up to a working knowledge fairly quickly (I programmed and ran lights (with MIDI control) at church after only about 7 or 8 hours of reading and testing), but I'd like to know more about the best ways to do things.
I'll keep asking and experimenting...

Return to “FreeStyler Wiki”