These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ ultra hex bar 12 need help Topic is solved

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

ADJ ultra hex bar 12 need help

Post by perrip »

Hello, I need help with a fixture file for an ADJ Ultra Hex Bar 12, in 8 channel mode. If you look at the DMX map it has this weird way to get the lights to turn on, besides the Master Dimmer, the LED will not turn on unless channel 7 is between 32 and 63, I am not sure how to set this up in the fixture profile. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: ADJ ultra hex bar 12 need help

Post by Rod_Horning »

In the channel description there is a place to code the default value. Try placing a value, say 40, there.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

addendum. If you plan to use the Strobe window you will either need to use the standard sliders to set channel 7 or use set up a macro to set channel 7 to 40 (or whatever value you choose)
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

Set channel 7 to 255 and you are OK..

Plus you could map your UV channel (6) to the WW channel.. it's officially for Warm White but there is no UV in the fixture settings.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks so much, I will try those things. I probably wont use the strobe option to much, and could manually do that if I have to. I am not sure how to set a macro, but I will look it up. Thanks for all the tips, I will try and see what works best!
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

perrip wrote: March 16th, 2020, 11:50 am Thanks so much, I will try those things. I probably wont use the strobe option to much, and could manually do that if I have to. I am not sure how to set a macro, but I will look it up. Thanks for all the tips, I will try and see what works best!
You can use the strobe settings too..
But "off" is better to be 255 instead of 0
If you hit the off button your lights will go on but that's what you generally want: you want the strobe off, not the lights.

Macro's is a tab in the fixture creator.

I've got the ADJ Mega Hex Par's , that's basicly the same DMX settings.
I have some other strobe settings:
LOW: 95 (Normal fast strobe)
MED: 159 (slower strobe, more once per beat)
HIGH: 222 (random strobe, each fixture does it's own thing (223 is an option too but 222 is a bit more random)
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help, and Ideas, the fixture is in a venue now, but as soon as I get a chance I will work on it.
Thanks again!!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”