These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
skelly69
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Post by skelly69 »

Hey y'all, I'm at about my wits end.........

I picked up Freestyler about a month ago, and have been getting along quite nicely, until my drummer brought these damn U'King 14 channel mini LED's. Now, I've been thru the forums, and have seen the .pff files for the 9 channel and 13 channel models, and I'm not asking for a fixture created .pff. What I am asking tho.....

With this model of U'King, channel 6 controls Off - 0 to 7, Master Dimmer - 8 to 134, Strobe from Slow to Fast - 135 to 239 and Open - 240 to 255.

I have tried every GD combination in Shutter, Strobe, Intensity, and Lamp..........and the lights still strobe when fading out, in fact,I cannot control anything individually........and I'm starting to get to the end of my rope here. I've programmed the 4 bar, the front of stage pars, the drums (they have their own LED strips), the strobe, and the hazer.......but these moving heads are gonna be the death of me!!!!!

I thank you all in advance

Skelly

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Post by Rod_Horning »

Are you setting channel 6 to a value in the range of 240 to 255? If so then your lights will strobe as Freestyler fades channel 6 down to 0 (the strobe will occur as the DMX values go from 239 to 135).

The user manual is vague (understatement!). If you have channel 13 set to something other than 0 (I'm guessing here) that also may be an issue.
skelly69

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Post by skelly69 »

Hey Rod thanks for replying! I don't have channel 13 programmed at all as I won't be using it (using the whole rig for a live band scenario). I don't know how-to post pics on the comments section here, I'd like to show how I have it set now, and maybe learn how not to do it next time!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

To post pictures I think you need to be in Full Editor & Preview mode (selectable via the rectangular box below the box where you type your post. From there you can upload attachments.
skelly69

Post by skelly69 »

So, here's the set up I have for the light control channel (shutter, strobe, intensity, lamp). Again, thank you for taking the time out to help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

FYI in the Fixture Creator you can EXPORT the fixture to a file and then attach the export file to a post. This allows us to IMPORT the fixture and look through all of the definitions.

You have the lamp channel defined in your fixture. If you use the lamp channel programming window to turn on your instrument, Freestyler will send a value of 253 across channel 6. If you then tell Freestyler to fade the light, via the intensity window or the standard slider, Freestyler will dim out your light by changing the channel 6 values from 253 to 0 across the time interval of your Sequence. Remember that channel 6 also controls STROBE and thus when Freestyler sends the values 239 to 137 across channel 6 during the fade your light will strobe.
skelly69

Post by skelly69 »

Hey Rod, once again thank you for your patience and your help. I have attached the .pff file as you've requested. Last night I got thinking about that channel 13 and delved a little deeper into it, and ended up creating so gobo's for it.

Again, I thank you for the help kind sir.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Try this. :)
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
skelly69

Post by skelly69 »

Remco, thank you brutha!!!!! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!!! The moving heads no longer strobe when fading out!!!!! A god send!!!! Once again sir, I thank you!!!!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Your are very welcome. Glad I was able to help.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

skelly69 wrote: March 31st, 2019, 12:16 am Remco, thank you brutha!!!!! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!!! The moving heads no longer strobe when fading out!!!!! A god send!!!! Once again sir, I thank you!!!!
Glad to see it works!
For learning purposes: You entered bad shutter open and close values. (resp: 7 and 0)
Form the tech spec you posted: "channel 6 controls Off - 0 to 7, Master Dimmer - 8 to 134, Strobe from Slow to Fast - 135 to 239 and Open - 240 to 255."

Can be translated to this: Shutter closed: any value from 0...7.
Shutter fully open: 134.
So, the entire shutter/dimming range is from 7...134. Where 7=Off and 134 is fully on.
Anything above 134 and below 240 will set the fixture to strobe mode. 240 and above is also fully on.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”