These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

not saving fixtures?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
RatmanMiff
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

not saving fixtures?

Post by RatmanMiff »

Not sure if this is a Fixture Creator or a Freestyler issue.

Dealing with some Chinees lights, made up the fixtures in Fixture creator, and they work the first time through.

I save the show, and when I open it back up, I get a "path not found" for the fixtures I made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RatmanMiff

Re: not saving fixtures?

Post by RatmanMiff »

what is starts as.GIF
attached is the set-up screen- -its all there, have no issues adding lights

I save the Freestyler file, and come back to it, and some of the lights are missing, and it has that "file not found error"
error1.png

on the PDJLT50's I did pull a generic fixture pic in, but didn't with the others - does it have to have a pic?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RatmanMiff

Post by RatmanMiff »

Self Resolved solution.....Evidently you need to associate an Image with the fixture you create!

Once i did added a picture (i just went through all the fixture pics and picked something that looked close), it worked great, saved the show, re-opened, and it was all still there!
keanhong2
FreeStyler Version: 36.34
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by keanhong2 »

yeah ,,,your Fixture image just paste it into FS folder C:\FreeStyler\Fixtures

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”