These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chinese Mini Moving Head 10W RGBW

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
DreNL
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Chinese Mini Moving Head 10W RGBW

Post by DreNL »

Hello all,

I have created a fixture file for a chinese mini moving head, found on AliExpress. It is a RGBW beam moving head with a good clarity and narrow beams. Starting to love the little light and ordered another one. For 50 euros you can't go wrong :lol:
Mini Moving Head 10W.pdf
Can anyone please see if i made any errors in the file? And also i have one question. Is there a possibility to have the strobe also included in the auto play when receiving BPM from VirtualDJ?

When I am satisfied I will post it in the Wiki.

Thanks in advance,

Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DreNL

Re: Chinese Mini Moving Head 10W RGBW

Post by DreNL »

Okay, i am struggling here. In autoplay RGB is showing, but white is not showing. I have no idea if the colors are setup right. Please any help would be appreciated. Also including the strobe in the autoplay would be a nice thing if this is possible.
DreNL

Post by DreNL »

Damn, is freestyler dead? Seems no one is able to help me out here. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej DreNL

I had a look on your fixture and it looks okay.
How ever the data sheet don't have much information.

On the Macro tab I think you miss a off icon. You are able to set Auto, slow and music but you are not able to set it back to normal.

Strobe:
Low is set to 85. You should set it to the lowest value where it starts to flash. As I don't see this value in the data sheet you have to find this by your self and I think that it is much lower than 85.

Finally I miss the Reset value in the data sheet. Have you found it or is it just a guess from you side.?

Autoplay:
I am a bit lost here. What do you mean by autoplay. Is it the "Auto Mode" then it is pre programmed in the moving head.

/Jan
DreNL

Post by DreNL »

Hey Jan, thanks for answering. Let ce clarify. Freestyler is getting the bpm from virtualdj. So i set my fixtures on auto react to sound in freestyler. Would be nice if i could enable strobe also in there. And i noticed that white is also not used. Only RGB.

The reset is the whole channel 13 so i took the middle value.

Concerning the strobe, i thought 0 was off and 255 was quickest, so i divided the rest of the values as seen in the tutorial.

Hope this clarfies it.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again.

Sorry I am not the right guy to ask as I have never used that function.

But my guess is that it is only the RGB shift which is affected and with random values you will get white with RGB from time to time.
It is a bit difficult to mix random RGB with white. Example, random red + white is not a color and you will have white + white it don't make sense :)

As I said I think it is only RGB which is included but you can try to make a feature request in the "bug tracker" where you describe what you want it to do.
I will imagine that a solution could be to have some check boxes whish enable which functions should react to sound.

Fixture:
Strobe. You need to find the lowest value where the strobe starts to flash and enter that as low value.
This value is defining the lowest value on the strobe slider meaning if it is 85 you will not be able to slide bellow 85. If the lowest flashing value is 1 then you will not be able to slide down to that value with 85 as low.
DreNL

Post by DreNL »

Roger Jan. I will change the values accordingly. As for the colors, yes a checkbox would come.in handy. This head doesn't really mix the colors, but shoots them out in parallel beams. So in this case red and white will still be red and white :).

I am running the head in 11 channel mode anyway so reset and macro are not needed. I will also make an 11 channel fixture as that is what i am running on anyway.
DreNL

Post by DreNL »

Well I have edited them and have made 2 fixture files. One 11 channel and one 13 channel file. The fixture can be set in the menu to use 11 or 13 channels.

The 11 channel file:
Mini Moving Head 10W 11 Channels.pff
The 13 channel file:
Mini Moving Head 10W 13 Channels.pff
Feel free to use them and check them out. If there is any issue don't hesitate to post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gigshot
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Gigshot »

They worked fine for me. Thanks for creating :-)

I made a couple of small amendments to the fxt file once installed:
I named channel 5 as 'speed' and set a default of 127 (if it's zero, pan and tilt have no effect (at least in EasyView))
I named channel 12 as 'auto' although I have no idea what this does.

I also spent some time looking for (and trying to create) an ssl2 file for easyview. I eventually found it here:
https://store.nicolaudie.com/downloadSpecificSSL/34630

All works perfectly for me (in EasyView, I'm not near the lights at the moment)

Thanks again!
DreNL

Post by DreNL »

I have the SSL made already, channel 12 i don't use and also not 13, so i loaded the 11 channel. Saves me another 2 channels :)

Channel 5 is in Freestyler on 0 but moving perfectly in easyview. BUT I have to say i just started using EasyView today as I have 4 of those tiny critters and they work like a charm.

Will have a look at your SSL file tho, and see if my file is looking the same.

Anyway thanks for the thanks.

(Edit) Checked your SSL and made one with both modes included. Also changed the pan and tilt degrees and speed. Also filled in the specifications. Have a looksee.
Mini Beam RGBW 10W.ssl2

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”